Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Itā€™s atrocious. Iā€™ve said it time-and-time again but the GAA/Higher Education/Camogie Association and LGFA are pathetic giving rights to so much things to a third party like Clubber.

Youd want to be buying the season pass

And you didnā€™t have to get off your arse and go to it

Iā€™d say there was a fair clamour for them

Its awful on the joints. Ive played rubby on it i was in bits afterwards

1 Like

The whole thing will surely go belly up soon.

Thereā€™s about 5 houses using my own subscription.

Personally i find it very sterile/unfulfilling watching games on streams.

Sure who else is going to show these games, Iā€™d be interested to see their accounts.

1 Like

Anyone got the breakdown of scorers?

Fairly certain itā€™s loss-making and theyā€™re just planning on building enough of a catalog of rights to be able to sell it on in a few years.

Grants etc perking them up for equipment etc currently.

EDIT: In terms of whoā€™d be showing them, probably nobody for a lot of them. I think GAA should have them on GAA Go personally though instead of letting rights for them go.

SCORERS - CLARE: Mark Rodgers (0-3 frees) and David Conroy (0-1 free) 0-4 each, Peter Duggan 1-0, David Reidy (0-1 '65) and Keith Smyth (0-1 free) 0-3 each, Shane Meehan 0-2, Diarmuid Cahill, Paddy Donnellan and Keelan Hartigan 0-1 each.

SCORERS - LIMERICK: Paddy Oā€™Donovan 0-7 (0-5 frees), Cathal Oā€™Neill 1-1, Shane Oā€™Brien 0-4, Luke Flynn 1-0, Donnacha Ɠ DĆ”laigh, Colin Coughlan and Adam English 0-2 each, Mark Quinlan, Barry Murphy and MicheĆ”l Houlihan 0-1 each.

Good few wides on both sides, as to be expected. SOB alone could have had another four or five points.

5 Likes

No

At 1pm today there was 5 schools games on live.

Impossible to see how that can be bettered by anyone else other than Clubber.

I donā€™t get your gripe.

1 Like

Whereā€™s my gripe?

Only gripe I have is official league/orgs selling rights off to a third party and I donā€™t think quality of it is great.

I agreed with you that a lot of the stuff wouldnā€™t be on elsewhere which would be a pity.

Impossible to see how they make money off showing a school game unless the camera quality was very low?

Great for the school players, plus few lads got interviewed after.

The whole thing doesnā€™t stack up really.

I wonder what way legally things work for them to be allowed to do the schools games.

For example for Minor Intercounty Hurling/Camogie anyway if you want to record a match, you have to receive permission from the opposition to record it. Not sure where permission lies for schoolkids in the Harty etc. with Clubber publicly broadcasting it.

Iā€™ll say one thing for Clubber, at least they have half and full time analysis. Plus interviews with players and management. Itā€™s a lot more than youā€™d get from Limerick GAA TV. Ok itā€™s basic enough, but theyā€™re trying anyway.

As for the game itself, we looked to be way ahead of Clare in terms of prep and work done, even though theyā€™re back training two weeks longer than us. Iā€™d nearly give MicheĆ”l Houlihan MOTM, he was excellent in the second half in particular. Oā€™Brien, CON, Coughlan, Dan, Quinlan, Oā€™Connor all very good too.
Fitzgerald from Monaleen did some good things when introduced, Luke Flynn took his goal very well.

4 Likes

Was the schools final not live on RTE the last few years?

Heā€™s away with the faeries on this one. Shur a Minor GAA match now has lads of 15 playing. At least schools theyā€™re much older at stage. Either way, heā€™s flat out building strawmen to have a cut off clubber for some reason.

O Neills ability to shoot from distance is incredible. A nightmare for defenders now as well given we have lads who can run directly at you too.

O briens radar was a little off but his ability to win his own ball inside will see him get a right chance
Of starting too.

Can you imagine him and gillane in the two corners and those long diagonals Limerick love.