Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

I think Oā€™Neill has a lot of ability but he cannot tackle and gives away 2-3 frees most games when he plays and is probably a red card waiting to happen.

Thereā€™s no badness in him (unlike a lot of his teammates), but you can see why Kiely doesnā€™t really trust him and only plays him when thereā€™s someone else missing.

Iā€™d say itā€™s more because heā€™s a young player trying to break into the best half forward line of all time. Give him a break mate.

6 Likes

David Reidy started the All Ireland Final ahead of him.

Limerick have used a load of different fellas at Centre Forward in the last few years so thereā€™s been a spot there for him.

Heā€™s getting better and better every year. be grand.

1 Like

Thatā€™s all you can ask from him.

TJ Reid wasnā€™t an automatic starter either and look at the career he had.

1 Like

He didnā€™t really get going til he was 26 or 27. Callan the same. On current trajectory CON is probably ahead of the two of them.

Heā€™d have been an automatic starter for any other team in the country.

2 Likes

Heā€™ll have finally made it when heā€™s not sent out to do the promo shoot for the Munster League standing next to some Clare midget.

5 Likes

@balbec who knocked the wall in Kilmallock GAA field in 1977?

Wouldnā€™t you love to know

I do know. I think :smiley:

Heā€™s only the 3 AI medals at 21, scoring in 2 finals, donā€™t be worrying yourself the kid will be all right.

14 Likes

That is going back a long time. Iā€™ve heard it before but just canā€™t remember.

Jumbo the Elephant

Was he wristy?

And across the All Ireland Semi Finals and Finals in those three seasons , heā€™s never started a game and his total minutes played just about adds up to one half of hurling.

Like I said heā€™s got ability and will turn out to be a fine player no doubt but thereā€™s no point overegging things either.

Heā€™s the ability to be next Joe canning. His ball striking from distance is off the charts.

Heā€™s only 21. Most lads arenā€™t making it till 23 now and heā€™s trying to break into one of the best teams of all time.

Heā€™s going to absolutely tear teams apart.

1 Like

He is no Jason Forde ā€¦

1 Like

Stop that now. I hear Jason Forde is shaping up to have an excellent league

7 Likes