Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Semi final, was it not?

Before
My time.

QF

2 Likes

Probably my favourite Limerick match from my youth. Rained non stop all match, Cork started like a train and led by 9 or 10 points at one stage. Gary Kirby’s goal really brought us back into it. Kevin Murray came on as a sub in second half and done the devil with a couple of goals. Quaids saves that day on his championship debut were outrageous. A man from Croagh suffered a cardiac arrest in the Mackey Stand and passed away……what a game to go out on.

5 Likes

Was that the game Pat Heffernan got a great flic goal too?

1 Like

an overhead one, yeah.

That was a great day. We were on the open stand side up by the wall. Got absolutely drowned wet. One of the best days ever following them imho.

I’m 90% sure that’s the first championship match I ever attended

22 different clubs I make it.

3 Likes

Some good players there.

7 from the West, 8 from the City, 11 from the East and 8 from the South. Fairly even split in comparison with some previous teams. And that’s with no one from NCW either.

Good to see the 2 locals there too.

1 Like

I was looking at the underage football groups.
NCW are Div 4 in u14 & Div 3 in u16.

Two good hurlers, they’ll be big additions to the seniors next year.

1 Like

That game most definitely wasn’t shown live.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Great spread of clubs there. Especially from the lower tiers.

No one from the Well, Ahane, Adare

Any big names absent?

I’m going to say a fair few of them didn’t play minor for Limerick - James Finn, Mark O’Brien, Ruairí O’Connor, John English, Jack Fitzgibbon anyway and I don’t think Donal Coughlan, Daniel Scully or Ryan O’Neill saw gametime.

Good to see club form rewarded. All of them made an impact for their clubs last year, even at junior level.

1 Like

Not sure about the spine of the team though. Where are the prospective seniors?

Fuck them.