Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

No they donā€™t own it

So Joe is an Offaly man.

Joe is the man behind where Limerick are today. The should rename the Mackey stand after him in truth

1 Like

Good to see Mary I win

Thought Fergal O Connor played very well again and is beginning to look like an option for Kiely

Shane O Brien did well when brought out the field. Heā€™s a serious athlete and has a huge future.

On the flip side Colin Coughlan was poor - for me I just donā€™t think he has the pace and aggression required to break through. Considering heā€™s been with limerick seniors for the last 3 years it was a disappointing showing.

Adam English struggled too but had some nice touches. Fading out of games is too frequent with him. Lots of talent but hard to see him nail down a starting place.

Paddy O Donovan didnā€™t start and Aidan O Connor was replaced early.

1 Like

Gillane in goals a plus, better than chanly? I know the pitch was short and the breeze was strong but his puckouts and frees were serious. Vince harrington tried hard but was replaced tooā€¦ brian o grady was quite also. Foc was good, coughlan scored a few but was poorā€¦ AE was tightly marked and the pitch didnt suit him. AOC just didnt get going. POD obviously wasnt picked cos of his stature, so hardly strong enough for IC

Just looking at 2024 and 2024 only it looks likely SOB, O Neill and Fergal O Connor will challenge for starting places out of the younger players. Plus weā€™ll hopefully have Finn and Hannon back in the fold as well.

Thatā€™s probably the strongest 20 players weā€™ve had in this entire run.

3 Likes

Agree with those 3. Hope FOC gets a few starts in next few games against higher quality opponents.

Adam English will see game time as a sub. Lacks the size and ball winning ability of other options. Hard to figure out his best position too.

Coughlan is not a serious option at all and will require 3/4 injuries before getting a start.

AOC and POD are skilled hurlers but size will count against them.

Ya I just meant as starters to be clear. Adam English could be a very effective impact sub. County semi final too if I recall he tired a lot in the second half of the game. Heā€™d fitness issues since joining the senior panel. Might take him a while to adjust.

No I wouldnā€™t consider coughlan a fella pushing to start. Heā€™s just a level or two off it. Good hurler tbf.

I Would love to see SOB in one corner and Gillane in the other Corner with maybe somebody roaming at 14.

Youā€™ve excellent options all over the field now. Will it be o Neill at 11 and lynch and dod at midfield. So many options.

Iā€™d rather SOB roaming. The few times Iā€™ve seen him with a sticky marker he has been nullified handy enoughā€¦ Is he lacking a burst of speed? Thereā€™s no doubting he has quality tho.

You have himself, English, POD and Odalaigh all vying for the same slot .

2 Likes

I donā€™t really see SOB pushing for a starting position this year, I think heā€™s behind English tbh.

If he gets Championship gametime, I think that will be a big boost.

CON & Reidy remain the main contenders, I think (I know Reidy started the big games last year).

If we see English & SOB as regular sub options with them seeing gametime in every Championship game, that would be huge. If Aidan got a bit of gametime, thatā€™d be good too.

Difficult for FOC with Finn back, I donā€™t really see how he gets ahead of Finn or Nash tbh. I think heā€™s serious quality but they are two of the very very best.

3 Likes

Hard to see anyone being dislodged from the starting 15 right now. In short, weā€™re fucked.

Iā€™d have sob very close to starting. I think if he gets a run in the league heā€™ll keep his place.

From what I heard he was ripping it up in training last season too towards the end of season. His strength and aerial ability means heā€™s seriously suited to the style and game plan.

FOC opens up options. Him and Finn being available could mean Barry nash is looked at in the half back line.

They seemed reluctant to do that last season but maybe theyā€™ll test the waters this season early doors.

Iā€™d love to see him and gillane isolated in the two corners and Peter Casey dragging the full back all over the field.

O Neill at 11 whoā€™s a scoring threat from distance.

The management team have pulled moves from nowhere. Wod going in at 6. Kyle going from the forwards to backs and a few other things.

2 Likes

Barry Nash could well feature at 6 this season.

4 Likes

Are you confirming news I hoped was just rumour or
Am I reading too much into that?

Hannon bought a house in Dublin. Heā€™ll never play for Limeick again.

Hannon is going up full forward for his last year to complete the circle

1 Like

If called upon at 6, Barry would excel further arguably. He is an incredibly intelligent hurler.

If he goes to 6 and has a big year heā€™ll surely go down as the greatest hurler of all time.

1 Like

It would primarily rest on whether Hannon is fit to play. He may not be,

1 Like