Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

If we don’t have Kyler available to us, then Nash going to 7 is obvious move. Has played there before.

I’d trust the man in goals, such is his versatility/reliability.

Surely time some of the greats return this weekend?

The meagre 6 point win over Westmeath probably suggests Limerick are not as strong in numbers 25-40 as other counties not that if makes any iota of a difference.

We’re very weak from 37-40

1 Like

I’d assume Limerick won’t try a leg In the league. The Clare game is eight weeks away and if they win that
It’ll make Munster a much easier Task to negotiate. That’s a huge game imo. Clare almost have to win for the rest of the country.

Tipp the following week too and invariably Liam Cahills sides are flying earlier in the year.

1 Like

You’d imagine they will want most players to play some competitive game in the league and make sure they get 1A next year with a win this weekend?

I presume from here on out, they’ll do the usual league thing of trying a player in each line and having 2 established players in each line.

I would read nothing into any of the league performances from any team though

3 Likes

What would Limerick care about 1A or 1b?

They’re in line for history. That’s all that counts.

1 Like

Surely a case of trying their squad though of players 16-25 rather than the previous experimentation with some of their u20s.

Financially, it could cost a county board well over €100,000 in gate receipts if they were in 1b compared to 1a. That will be sorted presuming they win Saturday.

Won’t be a factor.

Our league run nearly cost us early doors last year.

It’s a complete irrelevance this year imo with the round robin only 8 weeks away Sunday I think.

Its probably irrelevant anyway as they’ll beat Dublin with their caps.

Limerick always do their best hurling in Croke park, they’ll still struggle to win down in Ennis regardless of league form.

1 Like

We’ll see about that.

Everyone will get some gametime; the ones who have featured heavily in the first few games will see less time now.

Kiely has picked teams for the league in pretty much the exact same way every year since 2019 and don’t see him changing now.

2 Likes

It’s almost like the 5 time All Ireland winner knows what he is doing

3 Likes

A win over Dublin on Saturday evening ensures division 1a status for next year. It gets tricky after that because the way the other side is shaping up, they would likely be heading for a league semi/final against Clare should they beat 1 of Tipp or Galway

1 Like

Jayses, you could take nothing out of that westmeath game. I was at it. Twas as clear as the nose on your face they had little or no stick work done. Ground was as soft as fuck as well

1 Like

I thought they used to love the rain?

1 Like

Well
Well
Well

OMFG!!!

WOD IS BACK

3 Likes