Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Exactly, and Shur they understand a wing forward
who has a penchant for a bit of high jinks in a pub

Hayes in 2021 finished Tippness as emphatically as Mulcahy finished Carkness

2 Likes

Kiely has then hopping all over social media.

https://twitter.com/Grgtkng/status/1760810213655929024

Greg is a bit of a fanny

3 Likes

Whatever about the morals of it all, its pretty contradictory that Rory Gallagher was banned outright by Ulster GAA on the basis of a Facebook post, while a convicted criminal is allowed play away.

#freerory?

Kiely might change his mind after a young fella on Twitter with 11 followers has expressed his disapproval.

4 Likes

It has happened in the past; Dermot Connolly wasn’t binned by Jim Gavin for example and I don’t recall much furore about it at the time. There are also plenty of examples of hush money being paid by county stars to keep matters out of court, including in your own county, and players continuing to be picked afterwards.

5 Likes

Is it not the whole point of the justice system?
You go before the courts, you get your punishment and then you are supposed to reintegrate back into society?

6 Likes

It’s going to be tight. 17:15 throw in and he has to be inside in the cot by 10:30.

Wouldn’t it be gas if the guards were waiting for him outside the door?

Yeah but this is Limerick. John Kiely has brought shame onto hurling. He may as well pick Charles Manson centre forward

I’m more coming down on the side that the GAA had no business getting involved in the Gallagher case.

I suppose there are different attitudes taken towards different crimes.

Interesting take. You’re saying that bating the head of a woman is fine but bating the head off a fella isn’t.

Gallagher wasn’t found guilty of anything in a Court of Law yet the GAA have banned him for something that happened off the field.

I don’t think that’s ever happened before.

Guarda clearance to coach teams are his issue

A Tsunami of wagons landing here.

For who? Gallagher?

The whole thing is a microcosm of Ireland though.

On one thand you’ve people up in arms about RTE/FAI/Charities… ‘no consequences for anyone’… ‘its a disgrace’ etc…

Then here, whether you like it or not, you have a convicted criminal being championed by the Limerick’s… ‘Hon Kyler’ etc.

The hypocrisy of it all is staggering.

That’s a totally different topic.

Gallagher is suspended because of the guarda clearance or vetting to coach teams.

There’s absolutely zero reason why Kyle can’t continue hurling.

Morality