Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

I think he will start. Heā€™s such a treat from distance you have to push out on him and that creates more room for the likes of gillane inside.

Itā€™s just another bow to our string.

Sure all theyā€™d have to do is get him to kick a lad in the head and take the foot print.

Itā€™d be another evolution anyway. Interesting that when forced to pick a different 6 in early season games theyā€™ve gone with pretty leftfield options.

Lynch was much more influential last year when he went CF. That spot is his barring injury.

I suppose they know now that WOD can do the job if needs be but would obviously much prefer him to be midfield.

Most peopleā€™s pick as a like for like replacement would have been Nash but they seem to have resisted moving him out of corner back completely.

Yeah, he would have been the logical one but I suppose he is unique at corner-back too, and they obviously think that he is a huge cog in the way we play and the likes of Mike Casey or Richie English just canā€™t do what Nash does at corner-back, as good they are.

Until Aidan Oā€™Connor or Cathal Oā€™Neill become full-time corner-backs, he is probably one of the more irreplaceable players.

6 Likes

Adam English is going to revolutionise the corner back position.

Flanagan will be a serious full back too

Kiely has so many forwards to turn into corner backs he doesnā€™t know what to do with them.

Kiely will run our hurlers into the ground

1 Like

I see Timmy Hammersly letting himself down badly on Twitter trying to use Kyle to make himself relevant

4 Likes

Footballers lose by 3.

Seemed to be the closest game so far but a late goal put a little gloss on it too.

Did Linford Christie and Stevie Wonder show up in Kildimo last night?! Youā€™d think theyā€™d be keeping their heads down after a jury unanimously rejected their ā€˜evidenceā€™.

1 Like

Theyā€™ve been pretty poor but, looking at the table, they are still well in it. Wicklow and Offaly are both also on 0 points and we still have to ply both of them.

Iā€™d still be surprised if we stay up but there is a lifeline there

Whatā€™s going on with the footballers, Stephan kelly gone, the two bourkes gone, giving debuts to 31/32 year olds yet trying to build a team, having two goalies from the one club, one thatā€™s never played there before and wudnt make most club teams, itā€™s gone a million miles backwards instead of progressing like the last few years.

1 Like

Not to mention a beating from the manager who was deemed not good enough, with a Limerick stalwart as his coach.

Itā€™s just been a perfect storm with injuries, absences and a dubious setup. Itā€™s heading back for the bad old days

1 Like

Theyā€™ll struggle in division 4 too the way they are going.

Picking half his own club team was a red flag first day

1 Like

Why did Stephen Kelly drop out?

That NCW team are fairly mediocre - they are winning counties because the standard is appalling. Populating a squad with 10 of them is madness.

Itā€™s difficult to attract players in Iā€™d imagine.