Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

If Currid is giving half time team talks, you might as well.

Sheā€™s doing them by zoom apparently

I missed that Danny was back for the footballers. A big boost.

Josh in goals as had been mooted here; good to have him involved too.

Dalo nursing some hangover after Cheltenham Iā€™d say. Heā€™s not even clean shaven.

1 Like

Will be a decent test against 14, players will have to step up.

A fairly sloppy first half, some very bad misses and just simple passes going astray.

Adam fair classy; even aside from his points, his first touch in bad conditions are top class. A few players on both sides are missing simple pick-ups, he missed one but has generally been slick (one bad pass to AG when a goal was on).

Reidy & Nash have been our other standout players I think. Gannonā€™s been quiet, CON has had a few nice passes but a few poor turnovers, Lynch hasnā€™t been as involved as youā€™d expect.

Pity for SOB, thought he was going well, softish red. But gives a big opportunity to lose about the remaining players.

Cathal Mannion is class, this shows the value of him close to goal. I like Gavin Lee too, looks very tidy.

4 Likes

Whatever about the result, the handpass is officially defunct. They should just allow throwing and have done with it.

Yerrah that was good fun today. Just what they.needed.

I donā€™t know how anyone lives in Galway with the traffic.

2 Likes

Youā€™d have to be happy with the second-half performance. Dug in, as youā€™d expect and probably will be disappointed not to get the win. At 2 points up, we coughed up a silly free in possession when it was always going to be difficult to get scores.

We said that this was a big, big opportunity for Adam to put up his hand against a strong team and he delivered. Conditions were very tough, but he showed his class, that first touch in bad conditions is key. Cathal was also a lot better in the second half, I thought, Fergal looked very assured again.

Barry Nash was probably our next best player, Lynch excellent in the second half and the impact of Byrnes, WOD & Hego was good. Tough day for Gillane when totally outnumbered but I thought he did well in a target man role.

Hannon needs more gametime, Casey had a bit of difficulty at times, things didnā€™t go for Murphy and we were sloppy at times. But, all in all, moving in the right direction.

2 Likes

Agree with that , Adam very good , though i am not sure how he fits that FF line. Thought Reidy was poor overall , his touch ,application and v effort was below what was expected.FoC is a huge addition also.

I thought Reidy did get on a bit of ball in the first half but was very quiet in the second. Iā€™ll give him the benefit of the doubt as heā€™s just back from injury too. But if he wants to push for a starting position, heā€™ll need to do more.

I know theyā€™re looking at CON at half-back and I think he could do a job there but I still think that will be a massive loss to our forward options; introducing CON with 20 to go as a half-forward is a massive option.

Thing about Adam, he played well inside & outside. He just looked very sharp. Itā€™s tough to break into the team anywhere but it looks like itā€™s the Casey/Mulcahy role that heā€™s most suited for at the moment. And he has goals in him. I wonder could you give Flanagan 50 minutes and then unleash Adam inside?

Looks to me like CON is too good not to start championship.

2 Likes

Yeah , Reidy has been vvery good coming from the bench and starting in the last few years and you would think hei s possibly a starter at the minute, but he is a bit flaky, so not sure who he could reace. Adam is a bit of a conundrum, he is a superb athelete and hurler. Are we too rigid in our system too accomodate some one like Adam

I think if Adam is better than any of the starting players, he starts. But thatā€™s very very hard to say that he is.

Looks like heā€™s their replacement in mind on the off chance that kyler gets jail time.

1 Like

CON had a great second half.

Adam English will push for the 15 slot - Peter Casey has been poor in cameos this season

1 Like

Footballers putting up a better showing in 2nd half. Down 2. 7mins left.

1 Like

Lost by 1 unfortunately. A disasterous campaign

Iā€™d say Pete isnā€™t too worried about February & March form.

8 Likes

Not good.

1 Like

SeĆ”n finn must be near 100%when he was a sub. Good to see. Is Ć³ Donovan injured?