Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Jesus Christ lads reading in to how Casey has gone in 1 training game and a few minutes today. Is Gillane in danger after today?

2 Likes

Its so hard to see from our perspective, but in fairness when asked they are putting their hand up . You cant ask anymore. Up to Kiely after thst.

What was wrong with Coughlan?

Pulled up some muscle strain. Hopefully not knee. He walked off

Ronan Lyons came on wearing that jersey though, so wasn’t actually on the bench I don’t think.

DOD has a knock apparently.

He is from Ballybrown??

4 Likes

I think Flanagan will struggle to get game time come championship.he was our worst player in the all ireland final last year as well…

Struggled to rise the ball/gain possession but he looked a bit shook after the knock he took.

He doesn’t have a fantastic first touch for an elite inter county forward- but once he gets a hold of it, there is no one better. His striking off that left is unbelievable. Plus what he is physically, as a ball winner and the ground he covers.

Yes he’s much more at risk of losing his spot than Peter Casey.

1 Like

I love Casey, but Gillane would sooner play off Flanagan. All academic anyway, the front 3 will be Casey off Gillane and Flanagan.

He’s better when the ground is harder and in the heat of real battle. He’s vital to what we do and gets through an amount of dirty work and running off the ball.

1 Like

You have it in one. Gillane struggled with his toych today as well.

1 Like

He can be frustrating at times tho

1 Like

Fair few lads have miles on the clock. It wouldn’t shock me if it’s Peter Casey and gillane inside and Adam English roaming around. They’ve plenty of options.

Flanagan would be super to bring on too full of energy against a tiring defence.

Push comes to shove I’d have Flanagan all day over English but we’ll see

It think it depends on what they are looking for.

In isolation, English probably has a higher scoring rate than Flanagan but Flanagan’s relationship with Gillane and his creation of space can’t be underestimated either.

2 Likes

I haven’t read the thread, but saw the game.

Cian11 will be hurler of the year; sharp and they will want to give it to him.

Shane O’Brien is the bolter at the expense of Hego. Natural wing firward and playmaker.

Galway are clane fucking useless and Whelan isnt the kind of transformative hurler that can change that.

Byrnes and O’Donoghue are Limerick’s two key men

I think hegarty could well call time on it after this year.

1 Like

SOB is the nuts

1 Like