Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Graeme will understand how to create the space for mr a gillane inside.

Give the heroes of 2018 a rattle in Ennis. Itā€™ll be helter skelter early doors. A red card or a mistake leading to a goal can easily happen. I think kiely will go with experience.

The younger lads to come in from the bench and possibly start 6 days later v tipp.

Sorry. I prefer Kyle at 11 for this specific game. Let him run straight at Conlon. See what Clare do then.

2 Likes

He has done very well at corner forward and wouldnā€™t quibble with him starting, just think English may be more effective than him around the half forward line which is what that position is unless there is a tactical change. Good chance it will be neither of them anyway.

1 Like

If dod is out like stated on here it could mean lynch is needed at mid field as heā€™s very good at tracking runners and covering space.

Hannon isnā€™t getting quicker and may need lynch and wod to help protect him even more than usual.

I think Dalaigh is competing for Flanagans jersey. Someone has to play the floating 15 role and that wonā€™t be DOD or Flanagan. Adam looks the likely candidate to me if heā€™s trusted

3 Likes

Iā€™d say whatever chance of Flanagan not starting went up in smoke Witt Peters dismissal.

If Graeme shows any sort of form, he has to start. Especially if English is in doubt. If Mul is playing shit in training, we have a concern.

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly what I think. Mul will do a job and he will create the space for gillane which is what we want.

A few players that will really have to show form in training. Hannon, Finn, Flanagan, Mul, even Hayes. More question marks than weā€™d usually have.

Going international a

https://twitter.com/LimerickCLG/status/1776718791814058061?t=OwKjxCEmwLhB5VclK2NgYg&s=19

2 Likes

Is the football match v Cork being shown anywhere today?

Gaa Go.

All i can see is New York and Mayo on the website

Footballers giving a good account of themselves.

Commentary available on live 95 website seems to be the only way to consume it

1 Like

Not on my gaago

London V Galway and New York v Mayo the only games on GAA Go this weekend I think. Poor enough service really. Maybe Monaghan v Cavan too but thatā€™s on RTƉ anyway.

Just on the 20s, I wouldnā€™t be quite so negative as some posters here. Obviously, very disappointing to lose but I didnā€™t think the whole performance was bad.

Some very sloppy errors at crucial times and poor shot selection decided the game really and thatā€™s not really good enough at this level but I wouldnā€™t really have issues with the style of play. Very very strong wind and after a very shaky start, Limerick actually did quite well playing into the wind.

Our half-forward line never really got involved in the game, at all. Ferland got a point in the first half but Iā€™m not sure he had another possession in that half. Rob got 1-1 from play and did look a threat with ball in hand but, again, aside from that, barely touched the ball and Iā€™d say Fitzgerald had even less possessions than them. Now, it was understandable enough in the first half, perhaps, that they would be bypassed. We were having to work the ball out of defence and then there was space to hit inside and Oisin & SOB were doing damage inside.

But, in the second half, Clare dropped back deeper in front of the Limerick full-forward line to limit that space and, at that point, you need your half-forward to be coming in and getting on the ball. Just didnā€™t work themselves into the game enough.

We had some concerns over the midfield beforehand and, although Hayes got two very nice points, I think the concerns were justified. We seemed to be caught on the wrong side a lot and having to do a lot of chasing back rather than stopping runners head-on. Thatā€™s not just the midfieldā€™s issue, thatā€™s a complete middle third problem but Clare definitely won that battle.

Our full-forward line did have them in a lot of bother though and we actually delivered some lovely ball into them at times. And, a point up heading towards 60 minutes, we had multiple chances to extend that lead that we really should have taken, that game was there to be won. SOB was a massive loss although I do think Coughlan made a positive impact when he came in. It was in the middle that we needed reinforcements, very surprised not to see Dennehy come in. I just think he does the basics of the midfield role very well.

And then in the Championship minutes, when the game was there to be won, we made some awful mistakes. Some down to Clare pressure, others definitely not. The second goal aswell was so avoidable. I wouldnā€™t be tearing up the script going forward or anything but we need our half-forwards to be more involved and we probably need one midfielder to have a harder defensive edge.

2 Likes

I thought your backs made an awful lot of routine handling errors and poor touches under little pressure which allowed the Clare forwards to pressure them and really affected Limerickā€™s ability to play through the lines, all too often they had to go direct as the opportunity to work it up field went flat due to a lad fumbling a ball or miscontrolling it allowing bodies to funnel over and kill space, so instead it was sent long rather than into the half forward line

1 Like

With Kyle out and possibly Lynch, do we put CON to 11 and possibly Dan to 7 ā€¦ Leaves us lacking a bit of pace back there tho.