Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Lynch is a sickner but very unfortunate, we got to the semi last year without him so whoā€™s to say they canā€™t do it again.

Kyle is different heā€™s a mainstay but missed the league so they probably knew it was coming.

Dan will unlikely make it now at this stage. Zero running lately.

Next man up. No crying itā€™s the Limerick way.

1 Like

Will ye have a team at all?

1 Like

Isnā€™t there a book called Unlimited Heartbreak?

I was very disappointed with the second half tactic of going long with the puck outs. Got a free of the first one, but lost the next three resulting in scores as Clare worked the ball back up the field. We were very good in the last 15 mins of the first half working the ball through the lines resulting in good scores. It hard to resist the temptation of going long with the breeze but I felt we should have stuck to what was working well in the first half.

1 Like

Funny enough in the game in Ennis I thought KK were overdoing the short stick-passes when there was joy to be had from going direct, but itā€™s definitely dependent on whether TJ is on the pitch or not. KK still probably won a majority of the rucks when it went to ground but thatā€™s not an element you want to be relying on.

The Clare savages in work are bullish today. They have an air of confidence thatā€™s bordering on complacency.

The next two weeks are going to hot and heavy :laughing:

Early in the year for the BIG DOG to be deployedā€¦

Like SOD, is only broken out for championship

And yet still hits the ground running.

Youā€™d wonder what the rest of them are doing all winter and is there any need for it at all

There really isnt.

Iā€™ve a pain in my jaw today from telling them how great they are.

11 Likes

Theyā€™ll love that.

Iā€™d be shocked if Clare donā€™t bring a huge performance Sunday week and itā€™ll be a huge task for Limerick to beat them but I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Clare do manage a win v us that they go and lose to cork the following weekend in cork.

Even for Clare beating Limerick Is one thing but to be still performing to their peak levels in the middle of July is a huge ask and requires excellent management.

Ennis is a graveyard for Limerickā€¦ Law of averages suggests weā€™re due a win but itā€™s a 55/45 game in favour of Clare imo. They were the better team over both games last year but for some awful shooting in the MF. Youā€™ve the historic rivalry, Clareā€™s record at home and Limerick being champions all in Clareā€™s mindset. Theyā€™ll ware into us and i think theyā€™ll possibly nick it. Depends how much drinking Clare have done after Saturday nightā€¦ SOD and Kelly back is huge and Adam Hogan has brought quality to a line that was arguably their weakest up to a couple of years ago. Weā€™ve started slow the last few years, nothing to suggest otherwise here as weā€™ll back ourselves to win at least two in Munster

1 Like

Legs could be an issue for Limerick. Iā€™d be mildly surprised if Limerick win. I think itā€™s all set up for Clare.

Weā€™ve had awful lot of injuries in the last few months. Given the miles on the clock it surely has to have an impact on performance.

If legs are an issue after 4 months of preparation something is amiss

Iā€™d be hopeful we might bring something new to the table this year. 5/6 years of the same formula and the gap has definitely closed in Munster - naturally

What something new is Iā€™m not sure - perhaps put more faith in youth

Or give the likes of Adam English, DOD or Shane O Brien a start

Putting Hego into full forward line beside Gillane would cause some headaches also for Clare.

1 Like

Limerick will murder Clare in a fortnight

1 Like

I donā€™t think preparation can take the mileage of the legs unfortunately.

I also expect kiely to pick everyone who won the first five as well for him.