Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Boylan or Mulcahy start… The energy of DOD2 and Adam English kept for the last 20 of games

1 Like

DOD1 won’t start next Saturday.

I agree Boylan for casey the only change DOD1 on the bench best case

I think he’ll start Flannagan

Boylan’s job seems to be to come on in the last 20 minutes and run at tired backs.

Agreed, that’s why I think he’ll start Flanagan. I know his form has been shit this year but he works hard off the ball and creates space for Gillane. Springing Boylan, English, O’Dailigh for the last 20 is even more important for this game. Cork have no option but to throw the kitchen sink from the off. If Limerick can keep them at bay going into tthe last 20 , those are serious athletes to bring in

Was Sham injured the last day? What you thinking Cian named 15 and given free reign?

I’m not sure whether he was injured or it was just tactical based on his form thus far. But yeah I think he’ll start unless he’s well off it in training. As regards Cian, it doesn’t matter what number you put on his shirt. He’ll drift where he wants to. The one advantage we have is that Cian only played a five minute cameo against Cork last year so for Pat Ryan it’s another headache to deal with. As I stated in my post, Cork will have no option but to throw the kitchen sink at us. If we can live with them for 50/55 minutes then the likes of Boylan, English and O’Dailigh will freshen it up a bit going down the stretch

Cork will go for it, we will have 4 or 5 on our bench that will keep the intensity high in the last 15 mins where i reckon we’ll pull away

2 Likes

Alan Connolly will take watching. A job for Dan or Finn?

Cork looked devastating for periods against Clare. We will need to defend well and close down space. The pace in their team is their best asset.

Our pace is a bit of a myth now and a stereotype if anything.

We do play an attractive brand of hurling but apart from Fitzgibbon and maybe Connolly I fail to see our blistering pace from midfield up.

O’Flynn, Kingston and JOC are lightning alright. Two of which will probably feature at some stage.

Barrett is fairly quick too.

Fitzgibbon is lightning and Jack O’Connor is even quicker than him.

ROF is probably the only one that has a few more strings to his bow but he’s not been on in-form so far, obviously just coming back from injury.

ROF is very quick but as pointed out not likely to start. JOC isnt really fancied by Pat Ryan despite being clubmen.

TJ Ryan says on the Dalo pod that DOD or Mike Casey won’t be back for Limerick.

DOD might get mins v Waterford hopefully

Working hard tonight but really struggling on our own puckout.

Only one delivery into the full-forward line really and got a score from it. A few aimless wides from distance. Tipp have a few dangerous inside forwards alright.

Team out tonight presumably?

Serious defending from Limerick. Playing well here.

Not a bad half tbh. Working really really hard. The backs, as backs, have been excellent.

We don’t really seem set up to get good ball into our full-forward line though. When they do win it, it’s too far from goal whereas Tipp have been able to get slightly better ball in but our backs have been excellent.

Gave up a few very soft scores early on but after going 5 down have grown into it & been the better team since.

Decision-making in attack is the real killer. Now, you will always get that with 16/17-year-olds but, at the end of the day, that’s what will separate the best players from the rest and that’s where they need coaching. Taking shots that aren’t on instead of passing to the man in space, looking for the pass instead of shooting when free, shooting from way out instead of delivering the ball, all that kind of stuff.

But you’d have to be happy with the work rate & spirit against what is supposed to be an excellent Tipp team.

Have the wind in the second half too.

1 Like

Great to see a bit of fight in them and far more direct at getting the ball forward even if not much of an end result.

1 Like

The Dow picks up a yellow.

1 Like