Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Superb defending again.

Wasteful in attack though, have had more chances than Tipp but still behind.

Wides absolutely killing us. All over them.

Fought very hard but just lacked quality in attack. Had way more chances but that decision-making in attack let us down. Couple of Tipp forwards had that bit more quality.

Thought Dennehy at 3 was very good, Cosgrave at 6 is excellent, Enright at 7. The other backs all defended very well too. O’Connor at 12 won some great ball but his hurling is a little slow. Murphy ay 10 played well. Both midfielders were good. Kearney is definitely lively but maybe takes too much out of the ball. Didn’t really feed the other inside men at all. And just that delivery to the inside line or working it to the man in space wasn’t quite at the level.

But there was a performance against a team who very well may win the All Ireland. Disappointing it took until the last game to reach that level and still ended up in a defeat.

1 Like

What was the score?

13-12

2 goals in 4 games is pretty poor.

I think DODs year is over for Limerick.will be lucky to see club action apparently.

That graphic is horrific lads.

If this means Lynch midfield its a worry

Look, I think the season full stop has been pretty poor by any standards. Really low-scoring and not really set up to create chances.

They did alright tonight, they fought really hard and hurled okay which, look, is all you can really ask for against a strong favourite. It just came way too late.

People are saying it’s a limited group. But they did win AIs underage. And I know they are blitzes and you can’t read too much into them. But, surely, if you are winning outright in a blitz, you have enough hurlers to get a few points from play? It’s not as if they were a team of giants and were simply outmuscling teams at U-15 & U-16; bar a couple, they were small enough. I think they’ve been let down this year and have a lot more in them. A bad start is a killer tbf.

2 Likes

A shame we didn’t take the same approach tonight in the prior matches but looks like a few lessons have been learned at least.

I would agree. they were winning stuff its about bringing the dedicated ones through

That would be a big loss. Plus Casey. Two main men. Will need some new men to step up. English looks ready.

English has serious quality tbf. Just in the more intense matches, do we have other definite impact options? In fairness to Boylan, he’s generally solid out and Ó’Dálaigh has been lively so far.

Would be great to see Aido push on another level and become a regular option.

Should have Mike Casey back shortly too if we potentially needed to push someone on (probably unlikely they do that in-game).

What happened DOD? Is he definitely out for season? Huge blow if true

@slimjim is Josh McCarthy Shay’s brother?

Injuries satrting to bite now, would be tough to lose DOD1 for the season, vital to the team especially when we are in Croker, likely to be injuries throughout the season too…hope a few questions are asked of the county board after the underage no show this year…

He is

2 Likes

It’s a load of old bollocks, Fitzgibbon aside the team is slow.

The team does try to run the ball from midfield, particularly as a game ages. Quite similar to Limerick.

There is pace from 8 up, though not so much at the back. Mind you a lot of the forward pace has spent time on the bench from being one-dimensional: Kingston, O’Connor, O’Flynn, Lehane, Fitzgibbon, Caadogan.