Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Zero class.

Injuries seem to becoming a bigger issue as we go along.

1 Like

Giddiness alert

Cc

@backinatracksuit donā€™t be a fucker tonight the lads need the respect even though they lost tonight

1 Like

Fair play to Cork. They kept fighting when other teams have wilted. Incredible game of hurling. Cork identified the weaknesses in Limericks defensive and in play setup and really targeted them.

Limerick response in the 2nd half was expected but Iā€™d say the management will be slightly more worried than after previous losses. The injuries are piling up and Hannons performance will be extremely worrying.

The team themselves lost nothing in defeat and the Waterford match will be massive now

13 Likes

Caught at the death when they had it won, it happens, not the end of the world. The injuries are really starting to pile up though, two week break probably needed now

To be fair if you take out the 2 gift wrapped goals cork gave Limerick they were well beaten.Cork could have had 5 goals in the first half.As @BruidheanChaorthainn said the injuries are mounting up now.Have Waterford got the stuff to beat them in the GG.If the do the All Ireland is wide open.

1 Like

The big thing for Limerick here is Waterford are going to be fired for the Clare game with Lohan v Davy angle.

Now is the time to take Limerick out,theyā€™re like a wounded animal.Time to put them out of their misery.If theyā€™re let out of Munster theyā€™ll be hard bet

1 Like

Reidy, Lynch and CON are all best at 11 and I donā€™t think we have have found the right balance with the three of them playing. Obviously DOD and Casey are huge losses and limit out options. We are a far better team with Lynch at 11 but with DOD out he probably has to be midfield. English looks ready and Iā€™d like to see him start in place of Casey.

Absolutely no idea why you are quoting a post of mine criticising Limerick team sheet templates, ccā€™ing fellas and everything.

Maybe you got a bit giddy, thatā€™s fair enough.

Heā€™s a misfortune, one of the thousands of Carkies on the field afterwards apoplectic taking selfies and waiting for a cup presentation, funniest part is they will probably fall to Tipp in Thurles next week.

2 Likes

Havenā€™t read any of the thread yet.

Incredible match. Congratulations to Cork. Thought we should have closed it out at four points up but made a couple of unforced mistakes, and they stuck with it. Pace can get you a long way (not that it was solely that.)

5 Likes

Put your house on it?

If Finn had stayed on i think we close that out. FOC is game but it was a big askā€¦ On two separate occasions he had the opportunity to raise ball but he couldnā€™t - nerves - and he was turned over for scores. Had a big interception later on tho.

No getting away from Byrnes form. Hannon was ropey also but grew into it but picked up an injury at a crucial time.

Cian looks to be taking too much out of it at times this year and T Morrissey was a bit better last night but he looks way below known form.

With Peter Casey gone also thereā€™s a lot of questions now.

Getting DOD and M Casey back is vital nowā€¦ I think a draw is enough for a MF? But Iā€™m not sure they need another grueling wrestle with Clareā€¦ 3rd might be a better route for them tho the 5 weeks for winning Munster never looked so good.

I was on the pitch in the GG last year as well after the corresponding fixture, I wasnā€™t on my own either,
The Limerick supporters are great to hang around on the pitch, isnā€™t it wonderful to be able to stroll around on the grass that has just hosted a classic game in a packed stadium.

Youā€™d hardly blame us for being excited after a finish like that against the GOATs

1 Like

There is something about Saturday night matches in Cork, in front of a large crowd with great weather. An absolutely savage game.

Should have seen it out but fair play to Cork, showed character and resolve to come back at the death. Could have been 15 points up at half time so on the balance of play they probably deserved it.

Still in Limerickā€™s hands - beat Waterford at home and back in a Munster final. Would gladly have taken that scenario before a ball was pucked.

Head fried with all the permutations arising from the two matches next weekend but just win in a fortnight and take out all the hassle out of it. Waterford have players who can hurt us so it should be another battle.

3 Likes

Byrnes and Hannon were very poor.

Problem is we have no alternatives

Game should have been over at half time. And cork gifted us two goals tk keep us on it when we were struggling

Byrnes defence for the Kingston run sums him up at the moment. Heā€™s looking for everyone else to do the hard defending. Harnedy roasted him

Good news is kiely says DOD and Casey are close, despite what the medics say here.

DOD is an enormous loss to this team.

5 Likes

Yes disappointing but a savage game to watch. Some scoring.

The weather makes it too, good atmosphere.

Marina market is class.

1 Like

DOD back would really help and give us options. Lynch could be at 11 where he is best and which works best for the team, or if needs be it could give the option of WOD at 6.