Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Who would you have had ahead of him? Fitzgibbon got it, did he? Like Tony Kelly, he always finds those spaces to hurt us.

I thought Barrett, Harnedy & Twomey were all immense. Hayes had his best ever game of hurling in his life, Iā€™d say, I really didnā€™t think he had that in him. Harnedy won some amount of crucial balls though.

2 Likes

Barry Nash is another lad not playing well this year. He was very poor in first half. Was a mile off his man at times. Hayes skipped past him way too easily for the goal chance.

Hayes was MOTM, 100%.

1 Like

It wouldnā€™t kill you to give him a pat on the head

1 Like

It was a brilliant brilliant game and atmosphereā€¦ Tho purists will ask where was the defendingā€¦ I left buzzing even tho we lost, shaking every cunts handā€¦ That changed when i got on the internet tho. The internet is serious business.

6 Likes

Downey, Fitzgibbon, Barrett, maybe Hayes

It was outstanding. Really enjoyable game. Disappointed coming out of it getting 4 points ahead but there was positives too for Limerick. Flanagans return to form is significant.

Traffic going back the N20 was grand too. The Carkies celebrating on the field probably helped in that regard. Got out ahead of it. Was the finest.

Brilliant venue and the game produced too. Great day out.

Internet wise weā€™ll dust ourselves off. Regroup, get the bodies right, and go again.

3 Likes

And he was critical of the difficult in getting messages to players during play.
ā€œIn the modern game you are not allowed get
messages on to the pitch. Itā€™s a difficulty. What sport in the world doesnā€™t allow communication with the players, itā€™s pure bonkers. Pat Ryan Iā€™m sure is paralysed on the line at times as well. You canā€™t get a message on to the pitch. You canā€™t hear from six feet away, here we are destroying our vocal chords. Theyā€™ll have to have a fine pot of money put away for the big claims that will be put in for damage to our vocal chords. They might want to have a rethink about what theyā€™re actually doing. Itā€™s madness, bonkers.

Some load of bollix. Four in a row winners need to be micro-managed through their sticky patches?

2 Likes

As opposed to what. Having a grumpy stubborn cunt on the line refusing to do anything when his corner back is getting cleaned in a Munster final

3 Likes

I thought Harnedy was the motm. Best Iā€™ve seen from him in a number of years. Shane Barrett too was excellent. Fitzgibbon obviously as well was lethal running off the shoulder.

Massive game next for ye in Thurles. Win that and momentum is significantly building.

2 Likes

Hayes was getting water from the Limerick hurley carrier on that side at the 45 while a free was being prepared down the other end.

Dalton pushed in between them. Iā€™d say Hayes told him to fuck off, the. Dalton jabbed him straight into the balls with the end of the hurley.

Neither umpire called it.

I certainly tiled up Hayes when he recovered, he cleaned out Dalton after that.

3 Likes

Youā€™re trying to make some kind of relevant point there are you?

If only Lohan had gotten a message in to Nolan to mark up tighter it would have made all the difference :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I really like Downey as a half-back and agree that he played well but I think Harnedy was way more influential on the game.

3 Likes

By the way, what is the rule for players coming to the sideline/management etc getting instructions at intercounty level?

I heard the same from a Corkie but he was unsure if contact was made :smiley:

No , the point being that Logan doesnā€™t bother his bollox one way or another and you taking issue with a manager who has won 12 more titles than him.

1 Like

Bring back the water break

I disagree strongly there, I 100% think managers should be allowed send messages in. Itā€™s not about micro-managing, even basic tactical alterations.

I can understand not wanting the maor foirne running onto the pitch but you definitely should be allowed have a person on the far sideline give messages.

This has nothing to do with any particular county, just as a general principle, the rule is silly.

No. It slows the game down. The helmet rule was brought in to copperfasten the ban because Limerick were abusing it

2 Likes

Iā€™m not advocating anything that slows the game down, just that the hurley carriers should be allowed to be micā€™d. They can get the messages in in general play.