Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Isnā€™t that the only time you should do it?

Heā€™s the Mike Hunt of Hurling. Heā€™ll only work when he absolutely has to.

5 Likes

Turning point yesterday was Hayes not getting a blatant straight red.

Hayes was motm by a mile - wonder are RTE going to avoid giving it to him this year at any point

3 Likes

Heā€™s nearing the form when he was dropped a few years back. If Flanagan and Casey were fit they would look at it I reckon.

Was it blatant? I think it was a yellow for careless use of the hurley , the slow motion replay makes it look worse than it was - Hayes swings the hurley at the same time he is turning his head which is a bit reckless but I didnā€™t think it was a deliberate strike - the Waterford player lost his footing and fell into it somewhat as well.

7 Likes

In the Fitzgibbon SOB had a stormer on him

I personally think ye are being a little harsh on Gillane.

In a training match was it?

Thought it was a definite red. He knew well what he was doing.

1 Like

Youā€™re judging from the slow mo ffs.

SOBā€™s striking technique is very interesting. He lifts the ball very high and the point of contact is much higher than the average player. In fairness it makes it trickier to hook

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

You can see here that Kyle is completely looking the other way as Kiely loses his footingā€¦ No way he knew he was falling and where his head was going to be ffs

cc @FlakeAway @gilgamboa

2 Likes

Why does Hayes decide to swing the hurley?

1 Like

It was silly alright and a yellow. The slow mo makes it look worse, there wasnā€™t much force in it.

What prompted the silliness?

Youā€™ve teed it up so Iā€™ll take a swing at this one.

He doesnā€™t know any better?

Ah he surely does.

There was nothing in the swing kid. Let it go.