Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

a straight red for what exactly?

He fucking knows what he did

a stray careless hurley… yellow card .end of

Any word on Sham Flans or Finn injury?

I think kiely has taken charge of 43 championship games for Limerick.

Kyle has started 42 of those and only been subbed off in 5 of those 42 games.

Any other out field player come anywhere near to those figures?

I’d guess hego maybe but he gets subbed off an awful lot. Tom Morrissey maybe as well.

Kyle is the best hurler Limerick have ever produced in my opinion. Its only better he’s getting too.

3 Likes

I see Jimmy Doyle and Jimmy Barry Murphy have 10 Munster medals.

I think Charlie McCarthy and a couple of the Cork hurlers of that era have 10 also.

Quaid, Hannon and Mul going for number 7 on Sunday week which is pretty outrageous considering they’d a fair bit of hurling under their belts up to 2019 and only had the one.

2 Likes

And David Reidy.

4 Likes

Charlie might well be stuck on 9, if he played in 1966. He was certainly there in 69, 70, 72 and the 5 in a row from 1975-79.

JBM actually did 5 in a row twice, 75-79 and 82-86.

1 Like

Limerick stopped the 12 in a row in ‘80 and ‘81!

3 Likes

:clap: :clap:

Correct JBM and Jimmy Doyle out on their own.

Would kiely have medals from the 90s? He was a sub wasn’t he?

Dunno does he get on in 2013 as part of the backroom team.

He’d surely have a Munster medal from 96 anyway and possibly 94. League medal in 97?

If he’s 2 from his playing days and assuming they get him as management he’d be going for number ten himself this year.

1 Like

Managers don’t get medals, if they did you could add another 4 to JBMs haul

Kyle has 5 Munster medals and he’s only just 26 I think. Youth is on his side yet.

2 Likes

Kyle will go down as the greatest of all time by the end of his career. There has never been a player like him— a true phenomenon. Given his form this year, there’s a fair possibility that he will surpass all others in the player of the year discussion. However, it’s possible that the recognition will elude him due to his conviction while given him additional motivation to force the hand of the PC brigade.

3 Likes

His contribution in the first half on Sunday in a five minute spell was off the charts when we needed leadership. I’ve never seen anything like it. Pure domination of his part of the field consistently.

3 points from play again I think. He is a joy to watch.

1 Like