Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Clean break thankfully, should be fine 6-8 months recovery

9 Likes

Mungret win the west junior b football and D/A the West Senior.

Back for 6 in a row

Downes at 7, Daithi back in the team at 12. Two big additions from earlier (and ye won all those matches too).

Not a bad effort from the Well to even get to the final considering all the players theyā€™re missing.

2 Likes

Downes looked like he drew inspiration from Kyle Hayes first half last week. Plucked a few great balls, a few good bursts forward and a point. 7 probably suits him better than the centre back experiment last year.

1 Like

The West will end up running the county.

That Mungret junior b team was basically their 21s. Nice team. Mungret will be hard stopped once they are rolling

Thought he was lost at centre back. 7 could work alright

Poor fucker has had no luck. An awful loss. Not found the balance to the forward line without him

2 Likes

Trying to win a south title now for the unification bout.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t see the match tonight but could definitely see how 7 would suit him a lot better than 6. 6 is a tough position to play, especially for a fella whose natural instinct is to run with the ball. It takes time to learn where to be at 6 and I wouldnā€™t have said heā€™s a natural playmaker or pure striker of the ball to be playing that role. Heā€™s strong in the air though and unbelievably at carrying the ball, 7 could really suit them.

They might need him up front though with Casey & Breen injured. Probably lookin at Boylan, Henn, Dempsey x2, Downes + 1 more (Lynch or Carey maybe) as their front 6 in Championship. If Downes was at 7, theyā€™d definitely be down a fair bit of experience in attack.

2 Likes

Iā€™d say you are right, there is no shortage there either from 5 to 9.

@TreatyStones Is Danny injured?

He had been anyways but came on the last day.
There could be some changes before throw in

1 Like

Iā€™d say thereā€™s never been a more guaranteed cert for a newly promoted Senior side to make the knockout rounds than Mungret this year.

Mungret are coming like a train. With demographics they will dominate for years

1 Like

Didnā€™t Adare win the county in their first year back up?

And we made the knockouts in our first year in 2022, thereā€™s definitely a gap between the very top teams and the rest so if you have a favourable draw, itā€™s more than possible with a bit of momentum.

Kieranā€™s in the last round could be the crucial fixture, you could see a situation where both sides are going into it with a chance to qualify.

Same format isnā€™t it? They have to make top 4. They wonā€™t.

Edit: This is football talk?

I presumed he was talking about football.

1 Like

just edited my comment. :+1:

They have a chance in hurling but it will remain tough to even avoid going back down to the B group.

1 Like