Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Himself & Tony Mac start for Brian Ahern & Griffin.

1 Like

They did but I meant with regards expectations at the start of the year. That Mungret side should have been up years ago. They have been very strong underage competing with the likes of NCW and Casey’s for a few years now too.

That’s fair enough. I think it was our first year up at Intermediate in 2019, they absolutely hammered us. They would have been considered a fair bit stronger than us and, honestly, I was surprised they didn’t go up in 2019 or 2020. We ended up beating them in 2021 but would have been fairly heavy underdogs going into it.

Good first half by Limerick; 2-8 to 0-6 up. Should secure a QF place.

0-4 from play from Cathal, 1-1 from Danny Neville, 0-3 (0-1 free) from Nash, goal from Paul Maher. Good contribution from the KP lads.

2 Likes

Finished 2-14 to 0-10. Guaranteed a home preliminary quarter final now.

Down and Kildare probably the strongest sides left in it, I’m guessing.

1 Like

Jimmy’s winning matches.

Leo O’Connor will surely be our Messiah’s successor when ever he decides to move on

He won’t

3 Likes

Not a hope. He’ll go senior with the biffos surely

Offaly just love Claughan managers

4 Likes

When you look at the underwhelming coaching ticket and performances limerick have had at u20 recently you’d imagine Leo O Connor would be welcomed back quickly if he wanted it.

If Kiely does walk away the county board may have to go external. I don’t see any top candidates waiting in the wings.

Lets focus on Sunday week. The rest will look after itself.

1 Like

Offaly’s U-20 coach won 2 All Irelands with the school in Kilcormac. He’s now teaching in Mungret, I believe.

I’d be more looking at coaches than managers at underage level for player development purposes and that would seem like an obvious one to try and get him involved (although you couldn’t blame him if he stayed with their 20s for another year and maybe win another AI).

3 Likes

Any word on the injury front yet? Flanagan and Finn big doubts. Given it’s not knockout they will hardly be risked.

Will Darragh be in 26?

Wouldn’t be surprised if O’Dalaigh gets the nod if Flanagan is out. With SOB to come in again. Be great experience for them.

I’m hearing from home that The Bull has a niggle.

3 Likes

Shite

AG, O’Dalaigh and David Reidy it is

Ah fuck. How bad?

DOD2 well capable. Reidy has done a great job. We just need to gillane to take cleary on a walk rather than wrestle him for 75 minutes

Never knew Caroline Currid was back in the set-up. Can only be a good thing.

Yeah, she came in after the Cork game. 4 month contract.

1 Like