Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Perhaps, but going short to run it out as they have done previously & others also allowed Limerick sit deeper and break up play in the tackle swarming.

Corks puck outā€™s definitely took that advantage away from Limerick

Fairly clear to see today whoā€™s for & against it.

Iā€™m not really for or against it, itā€™s just something that happens in the game. Thatā€™d be like being for or against long puckouts or short puckouts.

Iā€™m involved with one club and weā€™re trying to get our restart time down to below 6 seconds if we can. Every team uses them when theyā€™re on.

Itā€™s the inconsistency of officials which makes it difficult to watch or prepare for really.

Cork really lucky Tyler allowed it tbh

TG4 have mastered this in recent years with the replay down the bottom right corner. Innovative on a fraction of the RTƉ budget.

@Bandage is a fan of this and all TG4 GGA coverage

5 Likes

What Iā€™d give to watch the match back with Brian Tyers or MacDara Donncha commentating rather than the RTE shite.

1 Like

Youā€™re talking through your hole again.

It came about after a quick goal that they missed in a game where they were showing the replay of the previous score. I feel like Tipp were involved but canā€™t quite recall.

All puckouts in televised games should be shown from behind the keeper taking them.

TG4 did it for a couple of games and it was a really nice addition.

4 Likes

Itā€™s excellent and really shows the difficult job a keeper has at that level.

3 Likes

They had a drone at the recent Comortas Peile down in Cork and it was class.

Graeme Mulcahy surely the only retirement?

The fact that one can make a case for Patrick Collins for man of the match says a lot

Limerick will be around a while yet

Great champions

The only thing that annoyed me about the Limericks on here over the years was the kind of sneery attitude they had towards Mark Coleman and Dara Fitzgibbon often poking fun at them here and basically not rating them. I was glad that they had great matches yesterday

8 Likes

I said on a number of occasions fitzgibbon could have an arc like a Declan hannon.

Highly touted but things not working out for them. Then at 25/26 it all clicks for them. I donā€™t know will they go on to win five or six all Irelands but Iā€™m happy for them to be finally putting it together.

The same goes for o Donnell and Kelly who were around so long now. I wouldnā€™t begrudge them a number two either.

If he hit that ye were winning it. He missed and then Oā€™Connor missed and the momentum was broken

Reality is cork outplayed limerick twice with a very direct game that involves loads of pace. For long stretches of the game we were well out hurled.
Itā€™s hard to see us being able to deal with it any better next year as we are a year older. And they are a year further into their game plan.

The Hayes and Connolly axis are the most lethal duo in the game. Their ability to get goals means they can win a game in a 10 minute spell.

Limerick for all their greatness were never great at manufacturing goal chances or taking them. We have been analyzed to death rolling out the same game plan for 7 years.

The question now is how long will corks dominance last. Given the state of every other county now, itā€™s conceivable that they could dominate the rest of the decade. Their u20s are typically very strong and have huge support and resources to back them up.

1 Like

Jamieā€™s o Connor reckons Clare winning on Saturday distracted Limerick

Nonsense. Limerick just weā€™re not able to deal with Corks front 6

1 Like

He is just wumming at this stage.