Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Limerick got caught up trying to figure out why Clare wore their change jersey

2 Likes

It DEFINATELY had an impact

1 Like

When POD wants blue, he gets Blue

1 Like

Theyve won nothing yet so dominance talk premature

If weā€™d a full team do you think we would have won? Agree a year older might not help and cork may be a year better. But I think we have the players to freshen up the team and given the age profile is mostly about 28 we should have three good years left in most, maybe more or a bit less for some players.

Peter Casey being out was huge. On a day when the Limerick starting front 6 had a difficult day, his ability to manufacture scores in the tightest of spaces could have made the difference.
Limerick have managed to deal relatively seamlessly with injuries over the past few years has been their trademark but faced with a resurgent Cork they fell just short.
Needless to say, Barry Nash was a huge loss as well

I think the little disappointment is cork beat us with the same trick twice.

The management team didnā€™t seem to come up with anything.

Maybe getting ahead at half time meant they were just very happy to leave things the way there were but they were slow to move Kyle in imo and make other changes.

In saying all that I think cork were the better team.

The ball didnā€™t go down that side of the field.

I thought Limerick would bring on Graeme Mul to sort Mark Colemanā€‹:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I would argue that we tried to force the goals a bit on Sunday.

I always had faith that we would close the gap but we turned down handy point opportunities to go after goal chances that werenā€™t really on at least twice. If they go in, they look like geniuses, but I donā€™t think the chance had really opened up.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s six all Ireland finals left in this decade (including this year)

Iā€™d still expect Limerick to win at least two. There were obituaries written about Kilkenny after they lost in 2010 and they went on to win four of the next five.

Iā€™d have Tipp down for one obviously (2029), Cork for a couple and Clare maybe for one. I donā€™t see it leaving Munster

1 Like

I donā€™t know about that. I think we are well placed for three more years anyway. The age profile of the team is mainly around 28, thatā€™s really good. With a bit more youth in the starting team from next year - and we have those players ready to go - I think weā€™ll be there or thereabouts for another three years. At that stage a lot of players could suddenly become too old together and weā€™d need more turnover if we havenā€™t been bringing more through. Weā€™ve not been bringing players through year by year like Kilkenny the last four years. Obviously lots of players play well into their 30s and I expect many of ours will too, but after three years I think we may be into transition.

It depends on the right management setup too. I think Galway had a window during Oā€™Neills time and maybe into shefflins when they still had a squad that could have won another one but they didnā€™t manage it.

Yeā€™ll leave it late this decade again, but ye might just sneak one in as per usual.

Euan Murray will be 22 for 2029. Heā€™ll nearly win it on his own.

Age has little to do with it

We didnā€™t score after 68 minutes

They were dead set on that Hego to the inside line move that worked well early in the year. That was chasing goals. It nearly worked but I donā€™t think it was the day for it and we should have adjusted, when it didnā€™t come off it was deflating. Maybe we were a bit too inflexible.

Same with frees similar to the camera angle they have for penalties in Soccer

How did Nash go below in PUC in Munster Round Robin again?

The ball didnā€™t go down that side anyway.
Itā€™s all the oneā€¦