Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Our next few years of U-20s are poor and our county board is broke.

We’ll get a couple of more out of last year’s U-20s. Badly need a replacement for Harnedy in either Cunningham or Healy.

ROF surely?

Not a primary puck-out option. Arguably his future is coming off the bench if everyone is fit.

Disagree.

The man is as liable to pick up an injury getting off the team bus than nailing down a starting place.

1 Like

Euan will only be 21 in 2029 but like all the greats I expect him to be to the manor born once he hits 19.

There’s a tsunami of hurlers coming in Tipp and its not a case of when but how many once we get out of this current sorry mess at Senior Level.

1 Like

About which part? He has never been a consistent puck out option.

Apologies. You’re right. He’ll be ready by then.

1 Like

Anybody their teams for next season?

Quaid
O Connor Morrissey Finn
Nash hayes byrnes
Dod wod
Hego Peter Casey lynch
Gillane shane o Brien Adam English

His pace makes him a decent puck out option and with the development of the cork forward unit I think ye will be less dependent on harnedy/his replacement the next while. Have said this for a few years but ROF is by a ways a better all round player than a few of the cork guys that have been hyped up more over the last few years and he seems a natural wing forward.

2 Likes

My main concern for 2029 is that the timelines may not add up for Sheedy and O’Shea to be back in.

Cahill going into his third year means Cummins and Woodlock will both need a shot at it which could take another 5 years.

It used be a thing on TFK pre 2018 when the @limericks would have long threads on their best team for championship. No sign of it over the past 6 years. The wheel is turning again :rofl::rofl:

14 Likes

I think the Tippos might have got a slagging back in December for trying to put a team together on here… December.

1 Like

Cummins mightn’t get the shot at all. He’ll have to win next year at a minimum to get it.

Will Quaid come back? His retirement would set Limerick back more than any other player. Brilliant keeper.

Also no CO’N on that team?

2 Likes

Is Casey expected to make a full recoveey from that horrific injury? As in being able to play intercounty again?
Also i think we need Kyle at 11 rather than 6, O’neill, Nash or O’Donoghue for 6 might be better option

1 Like

Hard to know. Physically there would be no reason for Quaid to retire but there are some fellas on the road a long time who could just need a break. That could include fellas under 30 as well.

I’ve parked even thinking about next year until the dust settles a bit tbh.

1 Like

Cummins will win it next year.

Anything else is unthinkable given the talent at his disposal.

Could see Nicky doing another few years, in good shape, doesn’t have huge physical demands as keeper. His dad stayed on until late 30s too i think

1 Like

Kyle Hayes is the best half back in the country and you want to put him in half forward line?

3 Likes