Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Martin Doherty is pretty diabolical too

Is he gone from the panel now? He did a premier intermediate or senior B match in the last year or two and sent off five or six.

Just doesnā€™t have the calm head needed. Gas seeing him engaging in shouting matches with players in the middle of a match!

I donā€™t mind Doherty; at least heā€™s not a prick.

Although I havenā€™t seen him much recently.

I heard before that he had 1 season where he sent off a player in every single adult game he reffed, and a fair amount of underage games too

He more or less eliminated Castletown Ballyagran from Championship last year. Sent off 2 of their best players before throw in over something he perceived was said. I think thatā€™s when he got cancelled by Spike cc @manbehindthewire

There was something else last year too with him before that incident but canā€™t recall now

Martin is a grand fella actually. Just not a great ref is all, but as you said, itā€™s not because of any bad mindedness or attitude

1 Like

Deady, Hayes, Moloney (good to see newer refs tbf), Johnny (although he is very whistle-happy, at least heā€™s consistent), Donnacha, Oā€™Halloran, Sexton, Stapleton are probably the top tier of refs and tend to get the biggest matches.

I wouldnā€™t mind Oā€™Driscoll either. Lyons is fine. Mike Flannery is okay. I donā€™t mind Doherty as Iā€™ve said.

Then you have a few older refs who arenā€™t bad-minded but really struggle with the pace these days and I donā€™t know if they were ever great: Patsy, Phelan, etc.

Timmy is a better football ref imo, I think heā€™s very inconsistent with his tackling calls in hurling.

I think Joe Mulcahy is a poor ref. We get the Careys & Kevin Oā€™Brien from the Well in junior matches, theyā€™re fine tbf. Mike Woulfe aswell. Iā€™d have less of an issue with them in Championship than Mulcahy, the Manns, as well as the ones weā€™ve mentioned above.

1 Like

Ah now Wolfie is not a good ref.

MB was good fun tonight. Spots the full back holding the forward with the ball on the 65 a few times and sprints in to give the free.

If he might stray outside the two 65s it would help. Tbf it was a text book black card if the rule actually existed.
I was more annoyed with him calling line balls from 70 yards away. But tbf. He should have proper linesmen with him for a final

Was this Ashkaytin and Tour?

Yeā€™re humming I hear

Obviously he should have umpires at least, but Iā€™m not surprised that he doesnā€™t have any.

Iā€™d forgive him the line balls, theyā€™re impossible calls to make, even though he managed to get all of them wrong, I think.

But you canā€™t go making up your own rules. Heā€™s a lunatic.

1 Like

Humming is an exaggeration but a good win today and down a lot. And we havenā€™t much won either so weā€™ll take it

1 Like

Annoying roaster at work wants to put up a Clare flag at reception if they win on Sunday (I work in the city). She can get fucked.

7 Likes

Kiely has a volatile temperament that is totally unsuited to being a referee. I always think heā€™s going to stick the head on certain players that give him back chat. Loves moving the ball on ten yards for dissent.

I wouldnā€™t be a fan of his but he didnā€™t deserve what happened to him the day of the county junior semi about 10 years back.

Burn it.

2 Likes

Would be a waste of a match. It will be going into the bin if she even attempts it. The same gowl is in the door 12 months and thinks she owns the place.

1 Like

Thatā€™s them though isnā€™t it?

They do have an awful chip on the shoulder when it comes to us. :grinning:

1 Like

Just a bit of fun in the office, no?

Are you the boss?

No i wasnt talking about the flagā€¦

1 Like

A Guard wouldnā€™t ask you that.

1 Like