Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Fergal Horgan?

Itā€™s gas this whole thing about Hegarty, ā€˜he has got away with it for yearsā€™ etc.

He was sent off against Galway in the league last year, deservedly so. A red card. He didnā€™t complain, Limerick didnā€™t appeal. Made a mistake and took his medicine.

What other incidents were there? He tackled the great Joe Canning in the 2020 semi final. Went to hook him and caught Joe. At most a yellow card. Definitely not a red.

Ennis 2022. Got booked for taking a line ball. A new one in the GAA, the first and only time it has ever happened. Aaron Fitz embarrassed himself for the second yellow.

This year he got a yellow for dissent against Waterford after being pulled and dragged from the start. A second yellow for a shoulder that was late, barely. But still probably deserved. Had someone come in from the stand and tangle with him then, and almost blamed for causing it.

Anything else Iā€™m missing? Not exactly the rap sheet of an out of control mad man is it?

The real reason heā€™s disliked is because heā€™s a great player who has inflicted a fair bit of pain - the non physical type - on most or all rival teams at this stage. Itā€™s the biggest compliment any player can get. You never hate the shit players on the opposition.

22 Likes

Whatever about on here the insufferable coverage by the media of the refs decisions particularly in the final minutes of a game is terrible stuff.

Hurling barely gets any coverage so when youā€™ve a great game with so many different pieces of skill and talking points itā€™s a real shame to waste the limited exposure hurling gets on really marginal calls by a ref.

Now no offence but anybody that knows the refs
Names and likes discussing the refs Form is a little bit odd in my opinion but each to their own but you canā€™t really be giving out about all the refs being shite when you see the analysis of their performances and the abuse they get online.

Who in their right mind would even want to be an inter county ref ? An impossible task at times particularly in hurling.

1 Like

Agree, more sinned against than sinning.

1 Like

In fairness Dowling was excellent on Sunday. He called the Cian Nolan switch quicker than anyone on RTE. Cummins and Dalo were quick to credit him. Was himself too. It was fantastic to see on a massive occassion.

You donā€™t want pundits being ridicliously stone faced either. Its sport and a bit of craic.

1 Like

Who dislikes him? The referees?

Everything he did wrong in that he ā€œbarelyā€ touched/connected etc, or of course it was the victimā€™s faultā€¦ I would expect no less from one of the chief simpletons :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Heā€™s the whistleblower

In fairness stevie wonder would have spotted the cian Nolan switch.

I donā€™t really watch the Sunday game anymore. I find it boring and tedious. Thereā€™s a couple of great judges on here and a few on twitter who are More informed on things then the Sunday game crew.

1 Like

The Dow is no better than that Simpleton Jamie Carragher.

Grossly unprofessional carryon.

If he wanted to party or gloat about the LK setup he should of sat beside JP in the Mackey Stand.
Doubt JP would of tolerated his carryon either tbh

1 Like

So you donā€™t have anything to counter the points made above? Got it.

Deservedly sent off v Galway in the league and was foolish to pick up a second yellow v Waterford this year when on a tightrope.

Seethe away. Maybe ye could do with some of his aggression, since it is now six losing Munster finals on the bounce.

Is there any player currently playing that has put in an individual performance the equal of Hegartyā€™s in last yearā€™s all Ireland final?

I couldnā€™t really what he says.

Limerick were on the end of a wrong decision in 2019 and kiely didnā€™t do much moaning afterwards.

I think weā€™ve got the rub of the green once or twice this season tbf but that could change the next day.

The refs have a very tough job.

Who won player of the year?

They do but the Hegarty incident was shocking. If Geroid is booked then Hogan & Nolan deserve cards too.

Kelly hit was a clear free too

He is a terrible punditā€¦very hard to listen to.himself and Ursula Jacob were on Sunday game together one night it was terrible.

Iā€™d rather discuss the brilliance of gillane or Dan Morrissey than the marginal calls the refs make tbh.

Itā€™s very boring.

That doesnā€™t answer my question. Actually, callanan is probably the only player still active who I think has put in comparable performances in close big games

Iā€™ve nothing against him but he considers himself the Limerick Team representative on TSG.

By all means let him comment on Leinster Final but no way he should be talking about Limerick games.
He canā€™t remove himself for being an ex panellist.

1 Like

What relevance has his AI performance got to do with disciplinary issues?

He has been wronged recently without doubt.

But on occasions his tackling technique has been rightfully called into question.