Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

What’s gas is watching everyone else breaking their bollox to win and still unable to take down the champions operating at a lower level to before.
Breaking Gus Fring GIF

Ok good response mate.

I replied to my own post.

Oh dear. You’re, dare I say it, badly exposed…

1 Like

If you say so!

Dreadfully exposed.

:rofl::rofl:

Remind us all again the last time ye done five Munsters in a row kid?

2 Likes

Has it progressed at all recently?

Last October/November, they had made a good start, then it just halted completely.

Lads from Tipp licking Tony Kelly’s hole all week, trying to discredit the Munster Championship he’s been unable to win :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

In the sense that it was probably the best Munster championship many have seen, Limerick’s best achievement in the Munster Championship remains last year, when they beat all of the other counties over the course of the championship and won the Munster title.

A Clean Sweep - beating all counties + winning all matches in 70 mins, including Munster title - remains to be done.

2 Likes

The invincible season was a fantastic achievement.

2 Likes

Limerick did the clean sweep in 2020.

In fact, Limerick not only did the Championship clean sweep in 2020, they went unbeaten in 70 minutes in that season. The Invincibles.

In the Round Robin system, it remains to be done. It’s possible it won’t be done at Senior level.

Cork u20s this year the only side to do it in a Round Robin System, but the thing with that is no All Ireland Quarter or Semi Finals. Still a brilliant achievement and the only team to win a Round Robin All Ireland competition beating all other teams in 70 mins

Ah we would have savage respect for the cork lads.

7 Likes

OK, if you reckon it’s a foul It’s as much obstruction on Casey via a 3rd man tackle as anything else. I’m not sure what you think Casey should have done differently. He’s moving towards the ball at pace and Kelly turns straight into him. It’s an accidental collision, amplified by Kelly’s ridiculous reaction of throwing himself to the floor theatrically. Not the first time we’ve seen it from him. And not the first Clare player to do it either. I think refs have copped it tbh

As I said, it’s the Hogan one ye’ve a case with

We’ve broken some of their records but I doubt we’ll ever break all of them. Some history and heritage in fairness

1 Like

You can twist stats whatever way you want.

I have still seen Tipp win more All Ireland’s and Munster Finals in the flesh than you have with Limerick, and I’m merely a young lad.

So never? Good lad, something to aspire to I suppose

I hate to tell you this, but a 5 in a row, when in two of those years, Limerick had a 60% win record, and another two seasons were played in front of Big Rob Ryan and few journalists isn’t really going to cut it in the real hurling world.

This current group of players will be spoken about with the same awe in future decades as your Seanie Learys, your JBM’s, your Cashmans.

2 or 3 All-Ireland’s in a row are hard won, as many know. Cork have done it in the last half century and we tip our hat to them for doing so.

Your Graeme Muls, your Hegos, your Quaids - it will have a nice ring to it.

8 Likes

Sure kid sure, rent free. Driving you absolutely spare.
Fucking love to see it. Good luck against carlow

4 Likes