Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

It not about what he can do different, you can’t run through an opponent with your shoulder. It’s not about the intent. If he met Kelly’s shoulder straight on then no issue and no free but he didn’t. I could get the logic that Kelly played for it if he took a step infront of Casey knowing it was coming or even took a look his way but he didn’t.

Whether it happened in the first or last minute it should be a free. It wasn’t the losing of the match for Clare and I thought the ref was poor on the day for both teams as were Clare but it should have been a free.

Youre fair tetchy this morning, we are closer to Tipps next game than Limericks last yet you cant get Limerick out of your head.

Drink it in maannn

We are like the pats in the last few years of Brady.

Everyone is a little older, everyone is a little slower and everyone seems a little injured but we are still finding a way to win.

It’s tremendous stuff for a supporter like me anyway. I’d say I’ll remember gillanes performance on Sunday more than any of his other ones since 2018.

It’s really hard to know when it’ll end know but the end isn’t miles off either. I was extremely confident v cork and Clare but now I wouldn’t be overly confident against any one being perfectly honest.

When great teams tend to crumble they tend to fall apart at seams and it’s a total collapse. I thought for a brief period after the Clare goal they could run in a few goals before half time and we’d be done but we battled on and pulled off another victory.

2 Likes

Round robin era is what I am getting at, sure the vast majority of championships won under any old format would have been clean sweeps.

Different kettle of fish in the round robin format.

If Limerick keep winning you’d genuinely start to worry for a few lads here. They are struggling. This has cut them very deep

5 Likes

Could well lose the semi final and, who knows, Kiely and Kinnerk could walk away. And maybe some key players. Who knows. It will all end as quickly as they emerged and other teams will take over. It’s cyclical. Have to take the rough with the smooth.

Sunday was as enjoyable a day out as this group have given us. Real sense of satisfaction after it. Between injuries, lack of form, other counties raising it but still inching home to another title - got more of a kick out of that than some of the hammerings dished out since 2018.

Any fan with a brain knows how fortunate we’ve been to have such great days. This era will end but the legacy will live on. Telling the grandkids - ‘yeah, we did the five in a row in Munster back then.’

7 Likes

Paddy Stapleton was telling Wolly the other day that in his opinion Limerick are one of the great sides and he would have loved to see them take on the Cats in their prime.

One particular poster here just hates Limerick, that’s entirely his prerogative (he’ll have to Google the meaning of that word), we get it, but on a serious note though the intense seethe that consumes him is not good for his well being and he needs to pursue more positive pursuits.

1 Like

Fixed

Fundamentally useless.

Meanwhile, our semi final has been fixed for 6pm on the Saturday apparently. Appreciate some teams have preliminary quarter finals and quarter finals to get through before thoughts turn to Croke Park.

1 Like

It’s probably for the best if the Limerick run ends at the Munster Final. We’ve no more worlds to conquer and there’s too many lads from other counties driven demented. Farms left untended and children not fed due fellas crying over Hego et al.

1 Like

You are taking the Internet too seriously if you believe that

It’ll hardly be that late? I was expecting 5 o clock.

Fundamentally useless is a fantastic turn of phrase.

That’s bad news for a lad I was talking to yesterday who has the 8pm train home from Heuston already booked. Was expecting a 5pm fixture.

Still saying TBD on the official GAA website.

What about the rugby tackle by Will O’ Donoghue after that. Was that not a free either? Liam Gordon had obviously let the game run for too long but he didn’t referee what was in front of him.

The Waterford game two years ago was at 5 I think.

Alexander got close to 10 years before he wept.

https://twitter.com/dazk1978/status/1668760021138829313?s=46&t=yRtB8lhW_RucCjdm3dqcBw