Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

I havenā€™t seen the Limerickā€™s this panicked since they went full AWOL in the lead up to the 2018 AI Final :joy:

Neither Byrnes nor Kyle should play 6 because they offer so much more in other positions. Youā€™re hamstringing yourself by doing it.

2 Likes

They are having a conniption at the prospect of being beaten in Croke Park by the worst Tipp team in 20 years.

Expect weā€™ll be playing Galway again.

1 Like

Honestly think Tipp will beat Galway. Especially seeing as Galway seem to have an issue turning up for first halves this summer.

Iā€™d agree. Just listened to hurling Pod, Paul murphy thinks Byrnes will be centre back, canā€™t see it though.

SO SORRY TO BREAK THE NEWS ABOUT DECLAN HANNON LIMERICK CAPTAIN HERO HE HAS A BAD KNEE INJURY AND WONā€™T PLAY FOR THE SEMI FINAL LADS WE ALL NEED TO GET BEHIND JOHN AND THE LADS AND GIVE IT ONE BIG PUSH THESE LADS DESERVE ALL OUT SUPPORT AND PRAYERS PLEASE GOD WE WIN THIS SUNDAY

COME ON LIMERICK ALWAYS

16 Likes

Limerick have a suite of jigging around options all which seem to have merit

it would be handier if they just had the one option!

That was the absolute height of it alright. And who said all Irelandā€™s werenā€™t won or lost from behind the photocopier

Did Coughlan play at 6 during the league final against Kilkenny? I canā€™t see Byrnes and Hayes being moved.they wonā€™t want to move the deck chairs too much I would imagineā€¦

Hannon has not been playing great. Not as big a loss as previous years.

You have to look at the balls he doesnt hit.

No, Dan did. Coughlan was at 7.

Heā€™s definitely not a 6. If we were bringing a player from outside to play 6, it would be Connolly over Coughlan.

1 Like

Would Connolly ever be able to do a job on a straight switch?

Or is he way off the pace ?

Coughlan still played wing for schools and Limerick underage teams I recall, more the most part anyway, even when he was one of the marquee players. Iā€™d certainly be happy to see him start for Limerick anyway if Kiely gave him the vote of confidence.

Personally from what Iā€™ve seen of him I think donā€™t think he has the speed of hurling for the way we play.

Limerick have very little top quality coming through from 2-6

Most of the beat young hurlers are forwards

Sure look at Hegarty.

Ya, itā€™s a bit of a headache.see how we nearly fella part against waterford when hannon went off injured early on after being 8 points up.
Only positive is we have a few weeks to prepare.

Backs naturally stand out less at underage though. Bar a really dominant centre-back or a rampaging wing-back, you donā€™t hear the hype about backs until you actually see them in action over a prolonged period of time.

Like, I think FOC is a serious bit of stuff. A natural defender but loads of hurling too. But heā€™s going to be a corner-back at the highest level, the likes of Mike Casey & Richie English werenā€™t superstars underage either, Dan Morrissey certainly wasnā€™t. They were all solid reliable defenders. Even Seanie Finn, one of the best corner-backs of all time, was a sub to Mark Oā€™Callaghan on the 21s in 2015 (admittedly that was a baffling call at the time too).

7 Likes