Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

6 pm throw in for our semi final

Bollocks Fergal. That’s a €200 hotel room so

I wonder might they throw a curve ball.

Byrnes, Nash, Coughlan halfbackline with maybe Kyle dropping deep in front of Nash.

It fairly stemmed the tide for Limerick in 19.

Could have Kyle midfield with WOD or as spare man. DOD is a fine wing forward as well.

I’m really intrigued to see what they do here and its a fair window into the long term future of the team in the 6 position.

1 Like

Kilmallock giving Nap a pasting in the league semi

Just back from balmy Bruff.

A fair trimming.

The Big Robbie Egan show. 2-03 from play and he assisted in another clatter of scores. Wreaked havoc from start to finish.

His first goal was a bit fortuitous - long ball in, he threw up the paw, it came off his hand, went goalwards and trickled between the legs of the unfortunate ‘keeper. Minutes later BRE fetched another sky scraper, laid it off to the inrushing Pierce Connery who finished with aplomb.

Trailing by 12 at the short whistle, the city outfit were in a dire position. 2 early points on the resumption suggested an unlikely comeback but that was quickly snuffed out when who else but that man Egan caught another boomer, shrugged off his weary marker and drilled past The Dow (who had entered the fray between the sticks at half time)

A game that will have zero relevance later in the year with both sides missing loads but the @balbec looked sharp. Robbie Hanley, apart from BRE, was the best player on display. Lorded it from centre back. He’s still worth a place on the county squad IMO. Beside him Paddy O’Loughlin was decent with two beauties from play, in another life he’d be lining up at wing back on Saturday fortnight. POB impressed at 3 but Na P were so poor it’s hard to read much into it.

Chanley is some hurler. He’s still carrying the weight but what a stick man. 0-04 from play, nearly all of them outrageous. Class, class, class.

Slim pickings for Na Piarsaigh. Ronan Lynch wore 13 and lined out in attack. Grabbed three from play and was the only one of their forwards to make inroads. One point for Kevin Downes who was extremely peripheral otherwise. The Dow caught three balls under the cross bar, the debate over the goalkeeping position just won’t go away, although he drilled one short puck out to his corner back into the pitch and putt course next door.

A fine crowd on a glorious summer evening, the pitch was in fantastic nick. Mike Sexton was the man in the middle, although the match was so tame he might aswell have stayed at home.

FT Bons Secours Limerick County Senior Hurling League Semi Final - Kilmallock 3-22 Na Piarsaigh 0-14.

14 Likes

Doon 3-22 Adare 1-18 in the other semi final.

1 Like

Doons year

In fairness, NaP are missing so many, it’s some achievement they even got this far. Although a walkover in the City final probably helped (what the fuck was that about?)

Who needs a manager?

What were the Kilmallock and Na Piarsaigh teams? @dodgy_keeper

I’d say this period will surely be the lowest ever for club numbers training wise. Surely all clubs are short 10 players if not more between all the goings on.

Looking at the Limerick substitutes it seems amazing they dropped Robbie Hanley off the panel.

3 Likes

Must be one of the most surprising calls under John kielys from what I can recall.

Absolutely crazy

Just give us the cup now

I guess he was there since kielys first squad in 2016 and never really made the break through.

He was travelling in 2018 and that cost him.

Most teams would have been encouraging players to go on holidays for the last two weeks in June if possible.

Football Championship starts the first weekend in July and hurling clubs would then be just 4/5 weeks out form Championship so now’s the time to go, on the back of the Leaving Cert, primary schools finishing up shortly.

Well you’ve the county footballers back and the leaving certs plus maybe a few doing the 6 week J1 etc but I’d say these past three weeks will be as tough as it ever gets numbers wise for many clubs.

June is always the worst with LC, J1’s, Siilage along with all the other various social excursions.

Henry Shefflin got an awful shock in his first year back with Ballyhale after retiring from Kilkenny when they used only get 7 at training for those few weeks.

1 Like