Limerick GAA 2023 - League champions means nothing now šŸ

He fanned the flames of a fire already lit

Itā€™s done lads. It was great while it lasted.

And with that, I gracefully sign out and hang up my keyboard and my top top poster status for the foreseeable. Possibly forever.

Farewell and Up Limerick, always.

3 Likes

Colm Parkinson seems to be stirring up a lot of trouble

a snakeā€¦ i donā€™t know how he is still going after what he did to Eddie Brennan

2 Likes

Have the footballers named 3 nominal backs in the forwards for the weekend?

Gillane is an outstanding hurler but by no means an outstanding free-taker

3 Likes

Shur what else can he do. Neville is abroad so we have no forwards left

Whereā€™s Daragh Tracey at the moment?
I believe the panel was trimmed back a bit last week as well.

That bates it all, its now somehow Woolies fault :smiley:

Iā€™m not sure heā€™s part of the panel, he hadnā€™t been at training early on anyway.

Hannon a sweet and dependable striker of the ball from frees. This carry on that you canā€™t bring up a defender to hit frees close to goal is a cod.

Bringing a defender up to take a close in free is a cod.

Byrnes is more important to Limerick defending quick, long puck outs, than he would be going out of position to take 30m frees

I donā€™t think anybody has advocated for him to take short frees here. He takes the most of them anyway over 60 yards.

Limericks close in free taker (gillane & reidy hit them against clare got 28 points from frees)
Byrnes got 32 points from frees last year.

thereā€™s any amount of lads able to hit the close in frees in the panel. Byrnes is the best striker of a ball in the country for the long range ones. Itā€™s ideal for any lad hitting frees that he doesnā€™t have to take the hard ones

Itā€™s great to be back arguing about starting 15s and whoā€™ll take what frees again. I think it will reenergise the forum and hence the team.

2 Likes

The next step is arguing for positional changes based on club outings.

Sean Finn to Number 11.

Sure weā€™ve built the team on turning forwards into backs and backs into forwards.

I definitely wouldnā€™t want a defender coming up and having lads to shuffle back into defence quickly.

Hannon was never a great free taker for Limerick either.

Lads have plenty time to get back into position before puck outs are taken after frees. Hannon had one shocking day on them years ago but heā€™s a naturally good free taker and given he was a wonderboy back then to an all time great now Iā€™d put the mortgage on him to do a fine job if needs be. Wouldnā€™t know myself what the likes of Tom Morrissey are like on them but you canā€™t start someone like Reidy alone for frees. O Neill might kick on and nail down a starting position all year and well then heā€™s your guy but youā€™d have to wait and see. Darragh O Donovan strikes me as someone who could slot frees in his sleep although Iā€™m sure someone here would know whether thatā€™s the case.