Limerick GAA 2023 - League, Munster & All-Ireland champions. They’ve won the lot, even 2inarow Young Scientist of the year. Booker Prize champions 2023. The Immortals. Four-midable The 🐐

In no particular order

1. AIQF. KK in KK. Something stirring here. A poor KK maybe, but we’d never beat them. And in KK forget about it

2018 Cork Semi. Winning from a lost cause postion. Wow this team are different.

2022 AIF. Holy fuck three in a row. Against KK. And they pinned us to our collar

2021 AIF. Now ye cunts, back to back, and it had been some hardship getting everyone sorted for tickets for that.

2018 AIF. Relief, thought I’d be elated. But it was just relief, I genuinely thought I’d never see Limerick win one, and then we had. I wasn’t jumping around like a lunatic, I had my head in my hands. Especially after the bastards tried to lose the lead. I thought of Grandfather, who had instilled a passion for Limerick hurling in all his kids and passed it to me, I remembered him crying in 96 and saying he’d never see them win one another one now. He was right. I was only a young buck then. They’d been in the AIF in 94, there again in 96, I was thinking they’d win one soon. But he knew the chance was gone for that crew.

We saw some bad bad bad days. Always more bad than good. If we go down on Sunday, I’ll be disapointed but I know I’ve been privaliged to see what I have. You always want one more of course.

12 Likes

A joy to watch. The Tippos have no one in living memory as good.

A 24 year old young Limerick man who last year had 4 All Ireland senior medals in his pocket.

Nothing lasts forever. This too shall pass.

You might end up in the office wan day.

They’ll need to bring the couch in with me

1 Like

That round robin game against Clare that year had a similar quality.

It occurred to me there Kyle Hayes has scored possibly my two favourite Limerick Munster Final goals of all time. Obviously the “sick animal freak” goal of 2021 makes it, but the one in 2019 would be up there as well when he broke onto a Peter Casey dispossession. I was in the Town End that day and it went absolutely fucking bananas.

1 Like

Hegos Munster final goal Vs Clare where he flicked it up over your man’s head was something else

Have to say I’m very fond of this goal from Hegarty last year. Unreal from Tom in the build up. The bosca ceoils didnt have a chance.

1 Like

I know this wont go down well with the many Limerick baiters on the thread but Im genuinely less nervous about this game Sunday than I have been for any in 3/4 years. I really am in the what will be, will be zone.
The last couple of years there was a genuine anxiety of what will it feel like if we lose, or play poorly. That has happened and you know what the world is still revolving. Im 46, went to my first Limerick game in 1983 and this team have given me days I could never have dreamed of.
I think we’l win Sunday I really and genuinely do but fuck it if we dont.
Now lets go and hammer those Cork cunts :rofl:

2 Likes

That match was in Thurles unless I’m mistaken or missing a gag.

3 Likes

The look on Coach Kiely’s face when Liam Sheedy was doing all the hard clapping at HT of the Munster Final.

And the look on coach Sheedys face at full time

4 Likes

2017 Nowlan Park.
Met a dad of one of the players after it. Men against boys was the general consensus. They bullied us off tge pitch. Thats what made 12 monts later in Thurles all more pleasing.

3 Likes

There was something brewing there alright. Hannon was born again.

2 Likes

Yeah but that match was hardly one of his highlights/favourite recent memories!

2018 was the highlight match. Tom Morrissey’s point was directly in front of me where I was sitting. Incredible joy to that memory

3 Likes

There will be a fair rush at the stiles at 3.50 following this news.

4 Likes

So you’ve been miserable for the last 4 years.

2 Likes

The bar in the Woodfield will be chaos at 3.45

1 Like

A Kilkenny-esque attitude. Those miserably cunts always had more relief than joy in winning.

A proper wan in a row county absolutely soaks it up everytime

2 Likes

If thats you’re reading of my post you must be fair miserable pal. Then again you are free to read it as you please