Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Beat me to it

Semi-final team vs Clare. Clare have five of their respective panel still on the go, which is fair going

What happened Jamie Shanahan? Injuries?

He really drifted away. He was a brilliant underage player.

1 Like

Back (and maybe hip) issues, couldn’t take the IC training load for a finish

A real shame, he was excellent.

Ballyhale Shamrocks will be down at least four first teamers – and probably five of them – for the 2023 Senior Championship. So it goes. There are, as you implied, a lot of our lads in America at the minute. So it goes. Everyone understands why young people want to travel at the moment.

I would be surprised if Ballyhale Shamrocks won this year. But someone will have to beat them. O’Loughlin Gaels are probably a value bet at 9/1. Brian Hogan is an excellent appointment as their manager.

PROBABLE BALLYHALE SHAMROCKS CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM

Dean Mason

Darren Mullen
Killian Corcoran/Dara Mason
Brian Butler

Evan Shefflin
Richie Reid
Killian Corcoran/Dara Mason

Darragh Corcoran
Paddy Mullen

Eoin Kenneally
Adrian Mullen
Liam Barron/Stephen Barron

TJ Reid
Eoin Cody
Niall Shortall

2 Likes

Still going for the Bridge, and a key man

1 Like

He is working for the bank and is a sound sort for a Clare man it has to be said.

1 Like

I think we got 7 intercounty hurlers (6 in Championship) & an intercounty footballer from those 24 players.

Which is pretty good considering it wouldn’t have been considered our strongest crop. And that doesn’t include Adrian Breen & Aaron Costello who are both that age group and have senior All Ireland medals now. David Reidy would have been U-17 at that point too, same age as Dowling, Dan, Mike Fitz.

Most of them are still playing at some grade; I don’t remember hearing much of Sean Kelly after that though. Same with the two Ahane lads on the bench, and Keogh from Na Piarsaigh.

And a Monaghan/Louth legend in there also

1 Like

12 championship hurlers from the Clare 24 I’d say

Might be better, for medium term player development, if we were.

Is Ronan Corcoran gone too? Thought he was on KK panel?

See private message.

1 Like

That was a particularly strong Clare team though, maybe the 2011 minors were slightly stronger but that was still a serious crop.

Did Clare win a Munster minor that year?

Ya and that’s their last Munster Minor medal!

https://munster.gaa.ie/fixtures/minor/#2011

Kinnerk invovled with them that time

We won this year, won in 2011 also

Are ye not Shamrocks Ballyhale now?

1 Like

Stop…

There is actually a fascinating story behind this farce. Piece coming not too long.

Was contacted by two different journalists early this year, both wanting to write on that club name issue.

1 Like

Yes I know Clare won 2011…that’s what I quoted

Yes I know they won this year