Limerick GAA 2024

They need to get keV over his native Portugal for the World Cup

Yeah, he’s coaching down there.
Good win in the end for a Bally team with a lot of young players. Scored the last 4 points to win by 1 deep into added time. That should keep them up another year.
NaP got their scores easier but Bally probably just about deserved it.

Head a little fuzzy this morning so thank god for wfh…Rather than clogging up the all Ireland thread with my ramblings I said I’d throw them in here instead😀. Reading and listening to Kiely’s interviews he does seem to be using ‘they’ quite a bit and I wonder is he trying to distance himself already and getting ready to step aside. Question then is who steps up/in? Player wise the only ones who I could see stepping away would possibly be Hannon and Nicky. Whatever happens Kinnerk has to stay and the bat signal needs to go out for Caroline Currid.

Thought the same tbh. I kinda got the feeling he’s going to step away… lot’s of rumours re political aspirations etc, but tbf he has young enough kids, it must take its own toll on home life too… being there, with the inevitable time commitments, for 7 years is a big ask of home life…

Did he not basically say he’s coming back on Rte ?

If he was to step away I wonder would it be one of the back room team to take over. Alan Cunningham for example.

I just don’t know if any candidates that have impressive cv in limerick

Dodge prob the most likely within the set up. But would be a big shout

Not any I saw…

:joy::joy:

Dodge has been mentioned a number of times by knowledgeable posters on here. Seems an obvious appointment.

1 Like

If he goes now, he can come back for another run down the road at least. They don’t win next year and you don’t leave in the same way.

Don’t think he’s that sort. If he goes, he goes. That will be it

Think the two lads should stick together in so far as managing Limerick

If Kiely goes, the general view is that Donal O’Grady will get the gig. I’d like to see Kinnerck stay on for at least a season if that happens. Limerick are still in healthy enough shape but surgery is needed particularly in the half back line. The issue they face is that bar the 2022 u 20 side, there’s nothing after them coming through

4 Likes

That’s a concern alright. There was a period from 2013 where we contested 7 Munster minor finals in 8 years. That conveyer belt has ground to a halt though.

Could have done with this years minors being a crack side, ready in about 4-5 years time to take up the slack, maybe they’ll fulfill their potential at u20 level, the only grade where they flunked was u17.
In fairness to Clare, while they havent won much and seem to have an issue with Munster, they’ve been very good at staying in contention and giving themselves the opportunity to win the AI every decade since the 90s.
We were always facing a lull when rhis generational team hangs up the boots but with lack of underage options, if it continues, could be seeing a real slump.

The 2022 u20 side were very good. But it’s alarming how poor things have looked in last two seasons.
We have hardly win a game at u17 and u20

And the coaching tickets aren’t exactly inspiring. Unless our famed academy starts to bring through players things could be very bleak in 3 years time.

There’s been a drop off in Harty cup representatives.

The Dow managed his hair transformation better than that group of minors.

1 Like

From watching both minors and 20s i wouldnt be worried about talent coming through there were some good players in both panels. It seemed both were over coached to play kinnerkball instead of being able to adapt in game. Thst comes with experience to know when to switch up on the field to play whats in front of you. Results were disappointing but more importantly these guys can step up to senior. That 20s team were good at minor too.

2 Likes

Dalo needs to come back it seems

1 Like