Limerick GAA 2024

What a cool finish.

A great occasion.

Aidan Walsh have a serious display that night. Mad that he never really made in with the seniors. A proper cautionary tale about the dangers of giving a shit about Gaelic Football

I like Gaelic football but the era of the duel players is long gone.

I’d say he was nearly the last of them.

Mad the way it changes.

https://twitter.com/seansheehanba/status/1808811521117491426?s=46

My gut feeling says that Limerick have been quite lucky with injuries during the period in question, considering they’ve played so many matches every year

How would their injury record hold up against other counties I wonder, it’s very rare any county can select from it’s full panel I’d say

Starting to bite now the last few years, Finn, Lynch and both Caseys been out for protracted periods and now Darragh O’Donovan all season. That’s 5 top tier players.

Lynch has had some super games since coming back but isn’t as consistent and has lost a yard of pace.

It’s about par I suppose. Kilkenny noughties are the only team you could compare with schedule wise and they had their share with the likes of Hickey and Sheflin.

1 Like

They didn’t have the round robin system and were barely challenged in Leinster. There’s really no comparison.

9 Likes

It’s nowhere near par, in fairness. KK only played 4 matches in most of those years and two of those were generally turkey shoots. Limerick have to play a minimum of 7 games to win an All-Ireland nowadays and barring the gap between the provincial final and the AISF have nowhere near the gap between games that Kilkenny would have had back then.

It doesn’t really compare at all other than both were/are exceptional and successful teams.

5 Likes

Meant more in terms of years on the road but yeah there are far more games today of course.

As Kev taught us injuries aren’t about bad luck they are about preparation

They’re about process and strategy. And ball walls.

I saw him in town one day and all his shopping was in Limerick GAA paper bags. Don’t even know where he got them. Wasn’t even championship time twas like March or something. Head to toe in Limerick gear.

Whatever makes you happy I suppose.

2 Likes

Throw up his PRSI number there, his address and any other information you have on him

‘You’re first ability is your availability’ was a great line he once used.

So true.

1 Like

Patrick Buckley.
5 Inarow Close,
Ballinnacurra Weston,
Limerick Citay.
V94 TNH

RSI 20212223L
Car Reg. 23-L-LIAM
DOB 02-09-73
Fav drink. Crem de Menthe
Fav sport. Hurling
Fav player. GearĂłid Hegarty
Fav Film. Shawshank Redemption
Fav song. Sean South
Fav meal. Steak and chips
Where would I like to be buried. Up to my balls in Bibi Baskin.

20 Likes

Gaels bate Ballysteen well tonight. Wasn’t at it.

In trouble now. Staying up will be a good year

https://twitter.com/movementcoachkm/status/1809327566727020804?t=wIVQuVS7qG72xid4Z8N14Q&s=19

Is Kev involved with Bally? :open_mouth:

First group win in like five years something mental