Limerick GAA 2024

If Clare lose even?

I would think so it’s all about consistency and Munster final aside SOD has been immense all year, if he does leave win or lose Clare are fucked without him next year.

1 Like

A few knowledgeable posters on here still unfortunately see him as a ‘show pony’. That catch he made in front of the terminator on the Hogan side from Collins’ puckout without breaking stride was an unbelievable piece of skill.

Barring someone absolutely lighting up the final I’d say it will be SOD, Darragh Fitz and Barrett as HOTY nominations.

Even the all star team looks hard to pick this year, no so much that there are loads of outstanding candidates more so that there have been plenty of patchy performances and a number of perennial candidates haven’t had particularly prominent years.

1 Like

Limerick could in theory end up with no one on it. Lads were good at various stages but very little consistency.

Hayes the only cert.

There’s an agenda out for Kyle. They’ll do everything to stop him getting one.

I think it will be the usual 2 or 3 to the semi finalists and the a 7/5 split for the finalists

Kyle Hayes or Gillane will probably be the most likely limerick ones. Cian Kenny for Kilkenny. Not a good year for standout backs.

?
Hogan-?-?
?-?-Hayes
Kenny Fitzgibbon
Duggan-Barrett-Harnedy
Hayes-Connolly-SOD

Leen, Downey and o Donghue all relying on good games in the final

If Clare won and Quilligan had a good final, would he get it?

I think Nash is nailed on this year

1 Like

Winning or losing the final is nearly always the difference between 7-8 All Stars and 3-4.

He was that for a while I think it was a reasonable criticism. He’s working harder this year. Even if he’s not doing donkey work of most midfielders he’s putting in huge effort at getting into space and cork are probably making smarter and better use of his talents too.

If he does then you can be sure that the gimp Marty will ask him straight out the gate ‘So Darragh how does it feel to get one over AT LAST on your cousin from Limerick after all their success recently’

I’d say he is much the same player but the ball isn’t coming out as quick with the big beasts they have in the forwards now

think he did some role with Cork camogie.

Yeah the powers that be took umbrage that he the examiner did an interview where he announced that he was going to manage Middleton. The same crowd had no issue with lads double jobbing with RTE.

1 Like

He is defo involved in camogie know

He was over Waterford camogie at the weekend.

I think they will give Chin one this year

A nomination is all.