Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Mulcahy could well be better suited to the impact sub role that he had earlier in the year

What way is Cian I wonder??

A lot of talk about Peter Casey and Gillane , but it appears that someone has to fuck up before you get hold of a jersey ala Gillane in Cork. Dowling came in yesterday and was superb , early on setting up scores and his movement and work rate throughout yesterday was as good as he has ever done. It appears that when you get your chance you have to grab it . Thatā€™s why I donā€™t think there will be any changes to the starting 15 , but subs may be introduced earlier next week. Brilliant management . Just in work here now and canā€™t wait for next Sunday. Brilliant championship. Everythings fucking brilliant this morning

2 Likes

Ye walked all over Cork imho. They were clinging on for swathes of that game. Of all the teams not to go down to 14 against, Cark are the ones as nash, like or loathe him, has some pucout.

Iā€™d say heā€™ll be grand.

Thereā€™s some headcases on this thread.

Beaten Galway in League - an unfit Galway team went ten points up and ran out of steam. They didnā€™t give a fuck about the league.

Tipperary - worst Tipp performance out of their three matches in championship this year, and theyā€™ve been poor in all of them.

Cork - draw against a soft shower of cunts.

Waterford - beat a team that resembles a regiment on their way back from the battle of the Somme, utterly fucked.

Itā€™s a fine young team but theyā€™ve beaten nothing yet. Croke park will be a massive test for them as well, if they get there. Calm down a small bit for yeā€™re own good.

I cant read every post here. Itā€™s too much.
Who is getting carried away? Name them.

We know that.

But we also know this team have at least another couple of gears in them. Yesterdayā€™s performance was decent, impressive to some in how we put it to bed but still short of what they are capable of.

But this is a team capable of beating anyone.

1 Like

Thanks for the reality check Pampers.

Welcome boxhead.

1 Like

Mike Casey has brought immeasurable stability to that full back line. Nothing fancy, calm, assured and reliable. Caught out once or twice but recovered well.

Sean Finn is very good. Heā€™s crafty, heā€™s aggressive and heā€™s quick. Dosenā€™t fuck about.

Richie just needs to uncomplicate things. Win the ball/stop his man from winning it and give it off. Nothing more. Simple ball to morissey or hannon.

Attention now turns to Clare. I havenā€™t seen their game against Tipp but by all accounts, they werenā€™t great in the first half. But they stayed in touch and got over the line in the end, which is impressive, and a criticism which has been levied at them previously.

By all accounts, Kelly was well held by Tipp. But Iā€™m not sure we have a man marker in our half-back line. The likes of Fitzgibbon and Kearney picked off a few scores from moving into space, and Kelly could do the same. They are good at converging and putting on pressure after, but will need to keep an eye on him. Conlon has been in flying form, another big test for Casey, definitely the toughest yet.

I think our forwards match up well against the Clare backs though, I donā€™t particularly rate them as defenders. Our forwards have been in great form, all of them, and will be hard to contain. Like, if Browne was on Flanagan, I could see him doing serious damage again. Kyle actually got running at the defence this weekend, and I donā€™t think Clare are particularly great on the turn.

I remember that game, a Thursday I think it was. Offaly caused us some hardship throughout the years. Richie Bennis last game was against them too. Did bergin get a hat trick that day off lucey?

One other thing, Iā€™m delighted we have to go to Cusack Park needing something. The last thing this team needs is a match that doesnā€™t really matter. Beating Clare in Cusack Park in a match that means something would be impressive. No taking the foot off the pedal, go out and give another big performance.

1 Like

The Midweek game I think it was on RTƉ. I got a half day off school to go to it :grimacing:

Jumping ahead of myself I know but if it was to be a Limerick v Cork Munster final then assume it would be on in Limerick? Given the home/away arrangement of recent years?

1 Like

Correct

1 Like

Worst case scenario who could we end up against in an AI QF Kilkenny or Wexford?

If we lose to Clare and beat the Joe McDonagh team, weā€™d be playing second in Leinster in the quarter-final (probably Kilkenny).

If we lose a Munster final, weā€™d be playing Wexford if they beat their Joe McDonagh team.

2 Likes

A chance to give game time to players pushing for inclusion would have been invaluable as the season goes on. No matter, we will maintain momentum and win. Thereā€™ll be no fatigue, at the moment we are a team rearing to go.