Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

That fella is a fucktard of the greatest kind. You’re worse for giving him air. A prick.

One of our darkest hours :unamused:

1 Like

At least Richie restored pride after that and we nearly took out Cork in the QF

1 Like

My first trip to Cusack Park :confused:

I was at a christening and it was on in the corner of the pub we went to for afters with sound down …couldnt believe what was happening. … @bod95 – Remind me, that’s the game where Cork brought a massive crowd (2:1) and Timmy dropped one into the net?

1 Like

https://youtu.be/pWgiQoCi9Ao

Worst of it was we had a fairly decent season up to that. Got to a league final and had Tipp on the ropes early doors in Thurles. I just get the feeling McKenna had planned for the front door and had no plan B after being dumped out of Munster

1 Like

I was thinking of 2004 - When Albert Shanahan dropped a long range free into the net when we had Cork in bother.

McKenna had a complete meltdown and selected an absolutely bananas team, the players didn’t even have a training session in those positions before the game.

who fucked the helmet at the bench after being substituted? was it Geary?

Team to be named @ 9pm tomorrow

Can’t recall, was it Geary to centre forward and lucey to centre back and Kieran Breen parachuted into full back having never played with limerick before, or after?

It was a batshit insane selection at the time. After a very good league, our best in the 00s really, the wheels came spectacularly off the wagon when championship came round. McKenna must have had a mental breakdown.

Albert Shanahan, Clement Smith, Turlough Herbert. Some wonderful traditional christian names within Limerick hurling circles in the 1990s and 2000s. No bullshit.

1 Like

yeah geary played centre forward and was taken off before half time. we got no score from play from lads that started the game I think

We played something like 13 weeks on the trot that year between challenge matches, league games and unless I’m mistaken the Tipp championship game was only a week or two after the league final against Kilkenny…? An insane schedule.

We beat Clare in the league semi final at Thurles that year (might have been after extra time), Shaughs scored an unbelievable point from under the stand side late on - think it was the same day Munster played Leinster in Lansdowne Road in the Heino Cup. I remember winding cunts up on AFR about it which was my debut on INTERNET message boards.

Where does the time go…

1 Like

I remember it in GG.

Seanie o Connor got 2 goals.

1 Like