Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Their underage setup has gotten a woeful reputation for poaching players from all over west Limerick. I think they may even have gotten a slap on the wrists from the FAI at one stage.

Like Pike Rovers and Fairview a few years back in town so.

Lads going around in brand new Predators at the time when they cost a ransom

They all leave again anyways once they reach minors. I think they couldn’t field a junior team in the last few games of the league.

Every days a school day, even when ye are actually on holidays.

I think that happens in most clubs. The transition from minor into junior is a gap too far and most lads fall away. i really think Junior soccer could do with an u-21 age group. It’s hard for a lad to go from a 17 year old into a decent Junior set up unless he is really good. B teams seem to be for lads who are passed it or fond of a drink.

When do we know lt’s either Westmeath or Carlow and when will we be playing that match?

the final is this Saturday and we are playing the winners a week later.

Load of bollocks really as they’ll probably be on the piss until Thursday.

Us or them?

1 Like

We should be forced to in the interest of fairness and competition

Sunday I think? Before Leinster Final

you are of course correct.

so 6 day turnaround from their AI final to a playoff. That’s just not right

He signed a 2 year contract extension for Leeds this morning!

5 Likes

Good man Paudie. Great to see a local lad doing well.

That’ll be at least two Limerick lads playing in the Sky Bet Championship in 2018/19 now… :+1:

And our 'Arry topping the scoring charts :clap: Sporting Limerick

The reports say he will be sent on loan to a lower division.

Hope it goes well for him. We are close to his family and he is a very good lad

2 Likes

That’s great experience for him, he should get to work under 7 or 8 different managerial styles before that’s up.

1 Like

Is there a younger brother who is meant to be a fine player too? Open to correction but I think there is.

Fair play to Paudie. Seems a level headed chap. Hope it all goes well for him. So tough to forge a career over there.

1 Like

Hopefully Mr Biesla likes him . I think Leeds have a bit of money this year and Biesla might be able to attract better players than others at this level .

To be honest for a young player like Paudie hoping to breakthrough that would actually be a bad thing if they’ve a few quid to spend. Less chance of getting a run in the first team as they plump for the experienced pro.

If he goes on loan hopefully he’ll get a good run of games somewhere and kick on.

Thanks for the info.