Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Been that way a few years. We’d have always had a share of kilcornan lads at my age groups up along, but at that time Kilcornan were fielding adult teams of their own. Once the adult club collapsed players were going all over the place. It was agreed then a few years ago that they would come in with us underage so the Kilcornan lads would go to the one place and have a bit of identity.

1 Like

Playing Tour tonight, be the toughest of the lot by the looks of it

I’ll be keeping a very close eye on results this weekend.

Tour motoring well . Give killeedy some trimming .

Ya we’ll be under serious pressure.
If we somehow win it’ll raise serious question marks over whether training offers any benefit at all :grin:.

3 Likes

Kileedy v Kierans game will interesting this weekend.
Obviously you can’t read much into it, but Kierans got a lot closer to Tour than Kileedy. Kileedy would be in big trouble if they lost that and Kierans would be right back in the mix.

Kilcornan playing soccer with Adare underage as well? Seems like quite a distance

Often the case in juniors .

Kieran’s not motoring at all well .

It’s not really. They are close enough if you go back roads. I’d say the parishes would border in spots.

The most hated amalgamation in the Desmond league.
Kilcornan would border Adare, and everyone when selling a big house in Kilcornan always lists the address as Kilcornan, Adare, Co. Limerick.

I wouldn’t write them off yet, they were missing a couple the night we bate them and they put up a decent show against Tour. Kileedy might be disheartened after that tonking from their neighbours.

Nice lads, if a little bit mental. These lads from Kilcornan. Worked with a few of them and they always seemed loosely hinged.

Didn’t a young lad from there end up at Leeds Utd recently?

is the area to small to be sustaining soccer clubs, GAA clubs and go karting?

Kilcornan, Kildimo, Croom, Croagh everyone of the sad bastards claiming Adare.

Well they couldn’t sustain the soccer club or the GAA club and the go Karting’s been sold for houses.
So yes, yes it is.

They’ve some field setup for a parish with no team though :sweat_smile:

They’ll surely sell on the fields too now and put up houses for sale in Adare.

How are Adare giving walkovers when there pulling lads from Adare back as far as Ardagh nearly

That’s a geographical eye opener now, I’d never have thought Adare and Kilcornan bordered

Paudie would have played for Kilcornan AFC for a couple of years, but he’s from Ballybrown.

what in the fuck would he be going out to Kilcornan for from Ballybrown? Be handier to go into town and play with an actual soccer team

Mega Bucks AK United.

For a while, everyone played for Kilcornan. They would have had the pick of players from Mungret out and won everything. They’d have regularly been getting to the last 16 of the National Cup too.

He was playing for Limerick by 15 or 16 anyway.