Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

+1. It’s usually the evening of the day after when vanquished INTERNETTERS explode with rage. In fairness, the bland “best team won, congrats Limerick, savour it like we did last year” posts from the Galway lads have been a noble effort at keeping it together and most of them have disappeared after offering the token platitude.

But they’ll have spoken to family and friends at more length now, built up a few imagined grievances and the seethe will be building nicely as the day develops. So far on TFK any lashing out has strangely been reserved for a few posters from yesterday’s non competing counties, with poor @Appendage and @Fagan_ODowd taking the brunt of it.

2 Likes

+1. They were beaten by Limerick but for some reason they have been windmilling at Wexford and Waterford since the game finished up

1 Like

Indeed. Hope you’re holding up okay.

Tune.

Having said all that , the Limerick formumites refused to let themselves get drawn into vile exchanges for the last three weeks and have acted with a great degree of decorum for the last 3 weeks.

7 Likes

I’m just about holding it together, but I’m not sure how much more of this barrage I can take.

It was the winning of the match

11 Likes

Time to start swinging @Fagan_ODowd

Every congratulation to Limerick hurling and all its supporters. Well deserved winners on the day and emphatically deserving winners after a campaign that featured a win over Tipperary, Kilkenny and Cork before ultimate victory over the reigning All Ireland Champions. Speaks for itself, that contour.

For those Shannonsiders with a taste for whiskey, can I suggest a large Green Spot?

Commiserations to Galway. The players lost the game but not their dignity. They went right to the end. A pity some of their supporters bailed out before the end.

On to 2019. Who could confidently pick a winner as of now?

7 Likes

Been a tough few hours pal. I won’t lie.

All comes crashing down at the thoughts of the Blizzards playing at the homecoming.
Plenty of Limerick bands that could have been put on instead of a member of the Tipp backroom team who can hack around on a guitar

1 Like

Jesus, you’re never happy. Moan moan moan.

1 Like

Maybe they should have booked the Sawdoctors

Better than the fuckin blizzards anyway.Bressie will be sounding out a job for himself from JP

1 Like

Or knock on the door of de home of rubby

Any truth in the rumor that Bressie has jumped ship from Tipperary and is in the Limerick camp now?

He is there just for the winter to help with the alcohol induced anxiety.

1 Like

We’re not depressed

1 Like

What was he saying to the masses in Citywest?

A lot of lads lose themselves when they realize a life time goal.

The GAA and sport and life is littered with casualties. Winning a Celtic cross should be celebrated but it won’t fill a spiritual void.