Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Pathetic crowd in Colbert station and Gaelic grounds on six one news. I thought the whole of limerick was coming out to support these heroes ?

Heard 150,000 on the streets of Limerick.

Fair dues

I heard 200,000.

I mean, with a population of 190k odd, surely a few tourists went as well as the entire population of the county

223,000 is the latest number from the guards

I counted at least a million people and I wasn’t even inside the GG.

Tagging them all was a great idea.

Probably a lot in from Tipperary as well. A lot of the Limerick team have a parent from Tipperary.

The home coming night is magical in fairness. It’s probably good in Limerick but couldn’t be a patch on the new cinema car park on 9/2/96.

There was nobody at the station to greet them ffs. They made a cordoned off walkway for them and there were gaps the whole way out. The bus bringing home Clare in 2013 couldn’t get through the hordes in the bridge before getting to the fair green 3 hours late.
The Gaelic grounds on the news was empty enough too

Was it the new cinema car park? I thought it was a car park on the quays, near enough Mooneys

nothing will beat Ennis in 1995, even Liam Griffen came up to see it, and used the experience to motivate Wexford in 96

2 Likes

And me you cunt!

1 Like

Let’s not forget this other Limerick World Champion on the week that’s in it.

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/sport/329892/world-handball-championship-title-for-limerick-star-martina-mcmahon.html

2 Likes

You thought wrong bro.

Honestly mate, there was huge crowds along the route and a massive crowd at the station. There was thousands following the bus as well, it was a daycent homecoming.

They are nearly cleared out of the Gaelic Grounds already by all accounts. Hermitage Green will be playing to themselves.

90,000 there as per a guard on the news

No drink in there. We’re thirsty

2 Likes

The Dow!