Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

I was at the title decider in Lansdowne Road in 1993 when Young Munster beat St Marys. Got in a few minutes late and missed Brent Pope getting sent off. Nicky Barry (formerly of Garryowen) was playing out half for Marys and got dogs abuse from the Young Munster fans.

2 Likes

I was there myself . A good friend played for YM . You are right about Nicky .

Popey was sent off that day for hitting Francis Brosnahan . Ger Earls ( Keith’s dad) scored a memorable try .

1 Like

As was I. Made all the more special that it was a Barry pass that Get Earls intercepted

Ah here.Having been present at both today was 10 times bigger

1 Like

You have to laugh at some scutter here … there was a massive crowd spread out all over the city… The whole City is awash of green, it’s like a carnival… the still house was mental around 9.15, proper debauchery … Was tempted to stay up but had to drive home, up to rob houses at 7 in the morn.

6 Likes

:rofl:

Today we reclaimed Limerick as Hurling Country.

3 Likes

You see in a city, a big space, a lot of people can be accommodated. Of course it’s going to look mobbed in some pokey little shithole like Ennis or Wexford town.

12 Likes

Marty Morrissey never saw anything like it - and he’s been to a few home comings… that man knows what he’s talking about, so he does.

A couple of twee nice touch’s as the bus made its way over Sarsfield Bridge. St Mary’s Bass And Reed (who I always associate with Shannon and rugby) played Sean South as the bus stopped beside them. The rowing club also formed a guard of honour with oars aloft.

1 Like

Not so sure or optimistic as you pal. This was a scene from UL at same time of homecoming. IRFU brainwashing the next generation of headbangers. The enemy never sleeps.

@Bod95 picked me out of the 80,000 people in the Gaelic Grounds tonight — some going considering we had never met before… I quickly sent him @TreatyStones’ way ---- only for me to be then ambushed by @ciarancareyshurlingarmy — It was a TFK outing as much as a team home coming…

1 Like

Your match outfit yesterday was beautifully put together mate, especially the shorts :ok_hand:

:open_mouth:

Fetching. Very very very fetching.

Overstated surely? Absolute cunts for sure but fuck all left. Maybe a few dairy farmers but that was about it.

A good few left the Cusack. First train back was 6:45, they were probably anxious not to miss it.

Would you keep track of Irish rail timetables as a hobby?

4 Likes

I was told tonight by a guy who ended up in a section full of Galway supporters than “10 or 12” of them came up to shake his hand as they left before the amount of additional time was announced

Nicky Barry was a stalwart for WRTC back in the day, now happily residing in Fingal.