Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

I had a sound Limerick fella in front of me who was in a bad way when the 8 minutes went up. I kept telling him to relax to fuck that we hadn’t a notion of catching ye. 4 minutes later I had my programme rolled into a truncheon and was wielding it violently it the air and was baying for blood.

Twas the strangest of games.

19 Likes

Delighted to finally meet my internet heroes this evening @anon61956325 @Phil_Leotardo @TreatyStones

2 Likes

No I was looking at the board waiting for my own.

1 Like

Am I right in saying that the chase was almost as good as the prize?

I found 2017 sat strangely enough, pure relief and contentment with winning but something small missing… Hard to fathom it. You wait all that time and it arrives, and you’re glad and ecstatic but you come to your senses after a few days and weight it all up and its a strange one. Maybe it’s an age thing. I think I’ll need a second one with a bit of badmind thrown in to satisfy me.

6 Likes

It just doesn’t really affect your life in any way after a few days in my experience

3 Likes

It shouldn’t really, unless you’re a player.

2 Likes

Was most unfortunate clash alright. I wonder did any of the kids take a raincheck

Huge crowd left KP. I was in upper Hogan and in our section alone a hundred plus left. Couldnt believe it

I think it is a feeling of relief. It takes a weight off the shoulders and I think it will give the players more freedom going forward. The feeling you have when you have not won it in so long is a mixture of passion and desperation to get it done.

2 Likes

Yes.

#brothersinhurling

Agreed, poor @iron_mike has built his life around one day seeing limerick win the munster/south Leinster/Galway shinty championship. Now they won it he has realised that it was a fairly flat occasion and his life is now meaninglessness

2 Likes

Christ

Exactly — Good memories / moments/ feelings but that’s the height of it… kids will get a lot more out of it with heroes to look up to and hopefully we see a lot more young boys / girls getting out playing in Limerick City in particular.

2 Likes

This was a nice touch from one of the rowing clubs

5 Likes

A bit “look at us, look at us” is it not?

5 Likes

12 Likes

It’s an age old salute that we do for every winning hurling team …

1 Like

That bridge and down around by Steamboat Quay are notorious areas for oars.

1 Like

Reminiscent of the end scene in the film Zulu when the braves saluted fellow braves … What a people we are.

1 Like