Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Those questions to John Kiely were in part a none too subtle attempt to turn up the heat, retrospectively, on Derek McGrath. JK handled that curveball with aplomb.

1 Like

The Dow would go through a wall for an ice cream.

2 Likes

He would go through Wall’s

10 Likes

Will you hang around for Kilmallock v Na Piarsaig in the county championship. I suppose ye will form a guard of honour and clap the Na Piarsaigh lads onto the pitch to thank them for winning us the All Ireland

1 Like

He whipped up a storm .

The Mikey Ryan “ no more about it” T shirts were utter class

2 Likes

Who carees

Saw those at the Semi as well …

No more about it … hopefully he got a ticket.

1 Like

Congrats LIMERICK YE ARE TRULLY BRill

5 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QtvorUtl3Y

1 Like

Hmmmm

We won 29/ 36 puck outs :open_mouth:

He did and was at the train station after with a lovely hat and smile as wide as the Shannon, delighted for the older lads they went through every one of those 45 years.

1 Like

Isnt it awful the kids wont know our pain :rofl: – the bitterness was our birthright there for the last 4 decades -

3 Likes

Nawful lot of them were short to the corner backs though and we may not have won the subsequent ball down the field

They will be oblivious to it! Luck of the draw.

You’ll have to get your young lad involved with the set up next year - he is well able to move in between the lines

1 Like

There was a gent of a Galway man and his 9/10 year old daughter sitting beside us. She was very upset at the final whistle.
I think she understood what it meant to us when I told her that I had never witnessed this and that she had at least the memory of last year

2 Likes

I would say we won a lot more of the subsequent ball than Galway did with their short puckouts though.

I thought Quaid was top class again, what a year he’s had. The combination between the movement of the forwards and Quaid’s accuracy was class. Morrissey & Flanagan in particular in the first half, unreal movement.