Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

That was a weird game . Nasty with both sides at fault . Ref was pissed off and next wild pull was gone . We paid the price .

1 Like

Do you mind the Tipp game in 1990 at HQ . Mikey Barron walked for clipping the Viking ??

Our man in Milan is winding one up herešŸ˜‰

The Viking was the first hurler I ever remember play acting to get opponents in trouble. I hated him when I was younger with his high fives and slapping Englishā€™s arse.

An awful fucking hammering

The Viking thought me back in the day in Ard ScoilšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

1 Like

Limerick got a few right hidings from Tipperary 1988-91. Those Limerick sides were backboned by the 1984 minor/1987 U21 teams. High expectation every year which was snuffed out quickly by Tipperary and usually ended with a Limerick player sent off - Mike Barron in 1990 and possibly Anthony Carmody in 1991.

Hurling is culture. The GAA is pride of place and identity. Sport brings people together like very few things in life. No one is saying itā€™s life changing. But it was a release, a coming together, a shared experienceā€¦and all positive which is something Limerick hasnā€™t had going for it in a long timeā€¦go away and let us bask in the glow of it for a couple of weeks.

19 Likes

Been too long since 08 alright

1 Like

We really lowered the blade in 1991. Mike Galligan of all people gave a right dirty one to John Kennedy.

One thing that gets a bit overlooked about the 1994 final is the injury that Mike Galligan carried into that match, which clearly hampered him. Galligan had a very good year in 1994 up until the final. Keeping players injury free is crucial for any All Ireland winning team. It was a huge plus for Limerick this year that their injury list was negligible. Thatā€™s one of the big benefits of such a young team with not much mileage on the clock.

2 Likes

Iā€™m guessing Na Piarsaigh vs Kilmallock isnā€™t on Eir next weekend?

A provincial win? Not Limerick, bud. But a nice moment for some Limerick people alright.

2 teams who canā€™t do it v proper club teams in club finals? Doubt eir would show it.

Where the fuck did you cut and paste that from?

Fair enough, old pal. Iā€™m not disputing the culture, pride and place, release and so on aspect. Just that following the cup around different clubs day after day is akin to going to see the same film every day in a different cinema. Thereā€™s other ways to celebrate but each to their own. I didnā€™t mean no disrespect.

4 Likes

I know people who do go to see the same film multiple timesā€¦ but itā€™s not really the same, is it?

You meet different people in different places, and thatā€™s what itā€™s all about.

In reality they got a hiding from Cork in 1992 as well, despite getting a few late consolation goals to make the scoreboard somewhat respectable. They conceded 1-22, which was a big scoreline in those days (granted the Cork goal was a farce which should have been disallowed).

Limerick barely raised a gallop in the championship from 1987 until 1994.

He did and the next one was going to pay the price.

What a fucking jersey. Cameroon 1990 at the hurling final.