Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Interesting enough stuff that kiely and the management team encouraged the players to be slightly more trigger happy than normal to avoid physical exchanges with Galway. They also felt that Galway were far more dangerous from turnovers during play as opposed to when we were set from their puck outs. Incredible to think limerick got three goals from turnovers inside the galway 45.

Credit Union Limerick SHC

Patrickswell v Ballybrown 31/08 Claughaun 6.30pm

Murroe-Boher v Cappamore 31/08 Caherconlish 6.30pm

Knockainey v Ahane 31/08 Cappamore 6.30pm

South Liberties v Monaleen 01/09 Claughaun 6.30pm

Doon v Adare 01/09 Bruff 6.30pm

Na Piarsaigh v Kilmallock 01/09 Gaelic Grounds 6.30pm

LIT Limerick Premier IHC

Kildimo-Pallaskenry v Mungret 30/08 Clarina 6.30pm

Blackrock v Pallasgreen 31/08 Bruff 6.30pm

Bruff v Garryspillane 01/09 Kilbreedy 6.30pm

Bruree v Feohanagh 02/09 Ballingarry 6.30pm

Nick Grene Sportsground Limerick IHC

Croom v Drom-Broadford 30/08 Feenagh 6.30pm

Dromin-Athlacca v St Patricks 31/08 Clarina 6.30pm

Na Piarsaigh v Newcastle West 31/08 Croagh 6.30pm

Granagh-Ballingarry v Glenroe 31/08 Kilmallock 6.30pm

Effin v Claughaun-Old Christ 01/09 Hospital 6.30pm

2 Likes

The well v ballybrown tie of the round .

Ballybrown have a chance given circumstances, should be a lot more sober anyway

Any of the senior games on Eir?

Don’t think they have announced what club games they will be showing this Autumn yet.

No offense but it would be great if people in Lk started going to club games again in decent numbers . Attendances over the last 5 or 6 years have been pitiful . Limerick GAA is more than a big day out in Croker or following the cup around guzzling cider .

6 Likes

Agreed I get down when I can but difficult to do with a 200 mile round trip

2 Likes

Sure that’s the way it’s gone these days all over the country.

Id expect 10k at The Well V the scum. Nap V Kilmallock will push 25k depending if it’s televised live.

The atmosphere at NaP vs The Balbec in HQ will be something to savour.

1 Like

The promotion and pricing of club games leaves a lot to be desired. €8 to get into a junior a hurling match (group game). Why would you like. Same for junior b then as well and they charged into league games and all. I know you can get the club ticket for €100 but still. Club games should be free until a certain level say up to premier intermediate and below that they could charge for knockout games only

1 Like

While I agree that some matches already definitely overpriced, I genuinely don’t think it would make that much of a difference to attendances. The people who want to go will go anyway, they’ll complain, but they won’t actually not go because of the price. And I don’t know if there’s many people on the fence waiting to go if it was cheaper.

It’s really all about hype, I’d be hopeful of a decent crowd at our next match. Thursday evening at half 6 doesn’t help but it’s local at least.

6.30pm on a Friday night. Tough for some lads, might only be finished work at 5.30pm.

Make your way out to the pitch and warm up. Seriously cutting it tight.
Or some mightn’t even be working in Limerick.

Things taking shape in the senior football championship.

Group 1
Looks like Adare will top it and go straight to the semi.
Ballylanders should grab 2nd, with senans and Monaleen fighting it out for 3rd. Monaleen have the advantage of the head to head over Senans, which may prove decisive.

Group 2
St Kierans are now qualified and it will come down to a last round clash with NCW to decide who tops the group. Ballysteen play St Patrick’s this Wednesday night, a win for the potatoe men will see them set up a last round show down with Fr Casey’s for the remaining spot in the group. A loss would see them still keep an outside shot at qualification but also leave them with a far greater risk of getting dragged into the relegation mire.

The Well and Ballybrown will be a good one. They met in the city junior A final last night with Patrickswell shading it.

Doon-%20Liam

Would be even better in Bruff.

1 Like

If it’s not on TV, it should be in Bruff alright.

Should be a cracking game. Kilmallock have looked a lot better than last year, but NaP were impressive too. Obviously both sides will have had disruptions, how quickly can they turn that around?

I had a lovely pint in o’dwyers in Pallasgreen yesterday. The place was buzzing