Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

All I hear about at home from the youngsters is Kyle this peter that.Its great for them to have people from their own club to look up to.

2 Likes

Even winning the intermediate last year was a huge boost for the kids.

It was huge for the club in general.

On the day, it was great to see so many kids there. I’m always trying to push our Championship matches, and trying to get people to bring their kids because I know when I was growing up, there was a bit of a disconnect between the adult and Bord na nOg club.

Hopefully we get a big oul crowd on Thursday at the Mungret game. All the little things add up when it comes to bringing players through, I think.

3 Likes

Kids need role models,wether that’s parent’s or players it’s up to them.In saying that there was a disappointing turnout in Pallas last Tuesday evening for the underage,I thought it would be jammers. Maybe they were in adare.

6s and 8s have tended to have big numbers, I imagine there were plenty in Adare though.

You’re a Kildimo man? Jesus the kids out there will be hopping out there looking up to the great man Kyle Hayes. In the second half of the U21 final last year I was sitting on the 21 yard line at the town end and for every KK attack he was just swatting them out off the way. That was my abiding memory coming out of that game and I posted it here saying he was MOM by a mile. I was lucky enough to play for a club that had huge under age success that eventually transferred into adult success long after my time but to have a role model like ye do in your club for the kids growing up is just unreal. Hurl away Kildimo👍

3 Likes

I think I’ve asked this previously but 01?

1 Like

Wexford caught us in the last minute of the 1/4s.

1 Like

Fitzhenry?

1 Like

Yup

Remember now alright.

1/4 final :grin::grin:

2 Likes

Unlimited Heartbreak

1 Like

Well I’m actually Pallaskenry, but we’re all friends now :joy:

We won a county A minor in 2016, and while we had a pretty good team all round (12 of them are on our current panel), you’d almost feel sorry for young fellas coming up against Kyle. Whatever about the physical mismatch, he plays with levels of aggression that not many players have.

1 Like

Would have to go with the equaliser there.

A defeat after putting in a trojan effort with 14 men for 50 mins would have been crushing. That point kept the momentum going and ultimately meant we had already qualified going to that dump Cusack Park for the last round.

Where’s the option for Graeme Mul mugging off Coleman in the same game… :wink:

I went for the hit on McInerney. It just laid down a marker nice and early. Much was made of McInerney’s hit on Paudie Maher last year; Flanagan lined him up and levelled him. They weren’t going to bully us.

Edit- I presume this is the first round. Actual moment for me is Quaid’s stop on Harnedy.

At the time you couldn’t really enjoy Quaid’s flick though, I still expected us to get beat!

I would have picked Muls hit on Coleman that was the moment of defiance that said we are not being fucked around anymore

4 Likes

Mul had worked like a dog to dispossess him twice and force the sideline in the first place.

1 Like