Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Quaids save has to win it surely. The year was done and dusted even if that had gone over the bar.

1 Like

He was a great full back.

1 Like

He certainly was he had a great presence. Never got flustered in an era of hatchet men.

My father always told me he was the best full back he had ever seen

2 Likes

I can’t picture him as a goalie - you’d be minding your manners going into that square :thinking:

Leonard’ looks bad @anon61956325

Mind your manners Joe

1 Like

A gentleman Leonard is

Len is sound man…he spent many a day hiding from Joe Player in Mary I and having to listen to Joe going on about Davy and Clare.

Len spent most of his time hiding alright but not sure if it was from Joe, the lads have the cushier number in Limerick,

He’s going through a tough time, the poor fella. You couldn’t meet a nicer man.

Leonard was unnaturally fit, with fuck all training. I was told that back in the 80s there was some TV show, kind of like the fittest family thing and Leonard got to the final where he was up against some army lad. They were sharing a room the night before and the army lad was preparing himself doing push-ups and stretching whereas Leonard fucked off and had six pints. Leonard bate the shit out of him the following day.

7 Likes

That happened.

2 Likes

I’d believe it…

The new potatoes will do that to you this time of the year. Mind yourself but who am I to be advising a renowned good food expert.

Not this year Boxty. Very poor yield this year

Sometimes oul’ wet boggy fields come in useful. This year being one.

Aristotle predictions- Round 3.

It was a great year with the county, but it’s good to get back into club action; it’s been a long summer just arsing around really, the matches are going to come thick & fast now and whoever assimilates quickest will succeed. I suppose it does depend how hard certain big players were celebrating too, it’d be hard to blame them if their eye wasn’t completely on the ball.

In Senior A, you have a local derby in the Well vs Ballybrown as well as the clash of the two favourites- NaP & Kilmallock. Ballybrown have no county players, and the Well have 3 but it’s still hard to see the Well not winning. NaP & Kilmallock should be a cracker, both looked very impressive in the first two rounds. I suppose you’d have to go with NaP but they were without more players for a longer period, so they’ll need to bed them back in. Doon should beat Adare.

Seen both Liberties & Monaleen recently, impressed with both. I reckon South Liberties just have that little bit more firepower, especiallyy with Nash back in there. You’d have to fancy Murroe/Boher against Cappamore although they have struggled in the summer months, you’d imagine they should have everyone back. Hard to see Ahane not beating Knockainey also.

In Premier, we’re playing Mungret which should be a good one. Garryspillane face Bruff, who are obviously without Paul Browne now, a big player for them. I still reckon Bruff might just edge this, although it should be very close. By all accounts, Bruree are back in form and now flying it but again, Feohanagh have a lot more firepower, although will need Flanagan firing on all cylinders. Blackrock vs Pallasgreen will be a close one, I think Pallasgreen might just edge it.

I somehow missed that Hospital/Herbertstown vs Knockaderry was on last weekend, finished a draw which puts real pressure on Drom/Broadford who are playing Croom. Croom should be winning that really. Dromin/Athlacca should beat St. Pats too; they’re by far the strongest team in that group.

Glenroe won the Judes 7s, beating Blackrock in the final. No real indicator for proper hurling but they got a good win over Effin in the last round and now play the other side to have won both games- Granagh/Ballingarry. Again, you’d expect it to be tight but I think G/B might just sneak it. Effin should bounce back and beat Claughaun/Old Christians. Newcastlewest vs Na Piarsaigh are both winless; I think NCW might just have enough to grind out a win.

SHC- Patrickswell, Murroe/Boher, Ahane, South Liberties, Doon, Na Piarsaigh

PIHC- Pallasgreen, Bruff, Feohanagh

IHC- Croom, Dromin/Athlacca, Newcastlewest, Granagh/Ballingarry, Effin

2 Likes

Adare will beat doon

Incredible scenes

Eoghan Mc, peter Casey and Robbie Henley are probably three lads that will obviously be in contention for the starting team next year. I’d hope at least one of colin Ryan, barry nash, Ronan lynch and barry Murphy can also push on now too. Then there’s wildcards like AlTC, Joy, jack o Grady, brian ryan, Ronan lynch and maybe somebody like Thomas grimes too. Grimes is one like a lot in an area we are not blessed in.