Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Have you ever been in a Limerick GAA thread before?

2 Likes

we scraped by in 1b without the Na Piarsaigh lads.

If they go deep in AI club we are fucked.

I’d say Dowlings goal sickened you

3 Likes

Dowlings entire contribution sickened him as well as the Casey brothers.

3 Likes

Game will be in Thurles? No way Munster council will give up a game to Leinster.

Not sure that will hold water . The precedent was set last year when Leinster final replay was in Thurles .

I think it’s a nice fixture list, Nowlan Park is a grand ground.

Teams will be at varying strength depending on the particular team, try and win your home games. Again, getting the balance between experimentation and momentum is key.

We definitely built the foundations of our team in the League last year but plenty of fellas did get a run at the same time. Worked out well for us. 1A is a different matter but we should try out a few things aswell.

I just don’t think adding games to the senior calendar is the right choice. Even one extra game makes it very tight.

12 senior teams is fine imo.

It might give a boost to a weaker county

Will they be allowed?

Good question . I suppose they will first have to ask ?? Then they will get a yes or a no . If yes off they go , if no they will either accept and plough on like last year or they can seek avenues of appeal . Will be interesting .

That said they should first get a management “ticket” in place .

Didnt he state that he would rather Limerick lose than have the NaP lads pick up winners medals?

4 Likes

I’d imagine Waterford would be fine playing that game in Thurles. It’s only really an issue playing Tipp there for what should be their home game.

He’d burn Na Piarsaigh. He must have got an awful doing off them underage.

2 Likes

It will be the wexford players giving you the guard of honour and they’ll be happy to do it. Nothing to do with fitzy.

Fitzy wont allow it … just you watch.

We won our 1b games without the nap players by 10, 17, 12, 17 And 2 points. Galway were the only team we Played in league and championship. Without the nap players we beat galway by two and with them we beat galway by one. We absolutely cruised through 1b without them. They’ll obviously be a massive loss as would the well lads if they go that far or the killmallock lads or even doon. Two of those three clubs had more starters than nap. We have been bigging up our squad depth so I don’t mind if we are missing a few albeit I’d prefer if we had a full squad to pick from. When you are without 3 or 4 lads you are forced to try things. That’s why seamus Flanagan got his chance in January and he could end up an all star. We’d miss WoD as we are light in half backs/midfield but reality is we’ve plenty of options in the forwards so losing Dowling or Casey for the league wouldn’t be a disaster. We could do with trying out some new full backs so if English or Casey were tied up with club championships it could benefit us in the long run.

Where did I say this?

I’m extremely good friends with the two Caseys. I’ve known them since they were about six and four.

That makes your hatred of them and NaP even more bizarre

1 Like

So it’s just Dowling that you despise, thanks for clarifying.

1 Like