Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

We will keep hickey on the edge of the square id say

We will see now will the lack of a motorway be used as an excuse by the hurling crowd in limerick šŸ¤·

1 Like

A wise move.
No point having him slip 30 yards from goal. Let him do it where it will hurt.

1 Like

Ah the 2 lads on your phone book donā€™t count man!

With any luck the poor condition of the pitch might prevent him from slipping.

Ah no just lads normally heading. V small limerick crowd will go.

Weā€™ve had a few great trips to Cork over the years.

The ā€˜96 Munster final replay. Still one of my favourite days out ever following the hurlers. One of the few days following us in my lifetime where I knew we wouldnā€™t be beaten. Lovely day of weather IIRC. We got four goals, Tipp got none. On the pitch at the end with my uncle. Meant more to him that day than me.

Cork 2001. Had been trounced by Clare in the league at home a few weeks before (was that game on a Thursday night for some bizarre reason?). Then going down there a few weeks later and pulling off a colossal shock. Was in the open stand and right in the eye line of Butler sticking the goal. Ollie Moran was brilliant. The sideline winner from Barry Foley. Cregan calling out the Cork Examiner immediately post match. Cork players forced to take a piss in the gym floor. What a day that was.

Waterford down there a few weeks later again. About 11 points down before we knew it. Clem Smith then intervenedā€¦! Big Brian Begley causing carnage. Another splendid day. The view from the terraces back then was the best of any ground in the country.

Scene of probably our greatest heartache too in Munster. Losing that provincial football final to the home side by a point. The most miserable, depressing walk back into town after.

Gutted I canā€™t make it this weekend. Will be sat in a pub in Killarney on my pals stag roaring at some American tourist to get out of the fucking way of the tv when the match startsā€¦!

Up Limerick.

1 Like

Id be shocked at anything less than 8k from Limerickā€¦

Kerry might have a football game coming up that will keep you happy

The man just needs to relax.
His main problem is that he over does everything.
Heā€™s passionate and committed and loves the jersey, probably too much. but for a very smart man he has no composure.
Youā€™d often hear him on the wireless talking about being a big fan of American sports and psychology.
but he cant seem to apply it to himself.
He came back extremely focused in 2014. Thatā€™s where he needs to get his head to.
Heā€™s a grand lad all the same. Probably too nice.

Prepare to be shocked.

If Limerick won Iā€™d say he wouldnā€™t give a fuck if there was 800 or 8000 in attendance!

1 Like

One of my first memories supporting limerick was being stuck in traffic around that deer statue on the side of the road and a limerick lad jumped out of his car, walked up, fucked the cork flag out and put a limerick one in its place.

Every Limerick supporter in cork that day seemed to pass the deer sculpture at that exact moment .

1 Like

Canā€™t remember the last time I went to a match PUC. My first memory of going to a limerick game was the end of the game after 1993 I think, we got trounced, donā€™t remember anything of the game, I remember my father being so gutted after it that a limerick team out up so little fight. I have great memories from the 90s walking up to PUC in the crowds on blistering hot days wearing my limerick jersey with number 8 for Ciaran Carey printed on the back.

Clement Smith should have been up for GBH that day.

Daragh O Donovan on FItzgibbon could be some clash on Saturday. Iā€™d fancy O Donovan big time to quieten him. He gave a masterclass v tipp in positional play, hooking and blocking. He is the perfect foil to Lynch and gives his half back line a massive hand in covering off runners from deep. Kiely has been very picky on selecting injured players or even lads who miss limericks trainings like the nap lads but it speaks volumes he brought o Donovan back after nearly two months out straight into the team and he didnā€™t disappoint. He was often free for balls out of defense but wasnā€™t utilised much but it is great to have that option.

1st memory is the replay in 1983 sweltering day Cregan was a selector the first day and came off the bench to score a goal in what was his last appearance IIRC. Bleak days against Cork in 85 and Tipp in 88 and 89 and Mulcahys goal in 92šŸ˜­ before Iron Mike trampled all over the cunts in 96.

2 Likes

First memory in 2001. I was 5 :rofl:

Casey isnā€™t on the bench on Saturday.