Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Is this another lie??

I doubt many will make the four games. It’s a Saturday of a bank holiday weekend too many people have stage, weddings, holidays etc.

I do know a few people who are refusing to go down as its in too late. Suppose they are people who’d only be going for the match and would want to go home that night.

Others seem to be whinging about accommodation being expensive, more bamdwagony types who would be going for the drinking.

Still expect a decent enough Limerick crowd.

1 Like

The die hards never pass up a trip to Cork.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI4L2N41RrU

1 Like

:ronnyroar::ronnyroar:

A mighty day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NO-DMr0j4c

2 Likes

Ya to be fair I had the accommodation booked back in January I think cause I knew the Marathon was also on that weekend, which along with the bank holiday is probably pushing the price up. A few I know have booked rooms down there this week all the same. The change to the Saturday night suits me down to the ground but will keep a good few of the day trippers away.

I’d say the Limerick - Waterford game will be the smallest of the lot. Ennis will be a sell out.

Ennis will be war

CCHa family is going to Cork on Saturday en masse.

We will keep the flag flying.

1 Like

I’m going to this one but it’s a pain in the hole time wise for travelling fans. Bit late to head back to Dublin after so I’ll prob stay with a friend. Don’t fancy going on the lash in cork as I’ve too much else on for nights out the next few days after it, otherwise it’d be easier just tack on a night out in cork and away you go. I put the matches in the calendar as soon as they were announced. I’ll def be home for Waterford, I might leave off the Clare game.

Not much left in Cork!

I think we’ll beat Cork and Waterford and Ennis will be a dead rubber for us.

1 Like

I’m not going.

That news should boost numbers.

Whether be hurling, soccer or rugby or even horse racing I think late on a Saturday evening is a pain of a time. Most people end up having one too many before the game and don’t be up for much afterwards. Likewise it is late to travel home from too. I’ve recently avoided drinking at all sporting events I attend before hand and it is much more enjoyable.

1 Like

Happens with age.
1 or at a push 2 beers before a game is fine.
After that you are wasting your time. You’ll be pissing most of the first half.

1 Like

Once you break the seal that’s the rest of your evening fucked!

I’ll be on the porter from 2 :grin:

Ireland v Sweden at the euros finished me. Had 8 drank my lunch time, hours walk to the stadium, hours wait for the game and by the time we were back into Paris I was ready for bed.

1 Like

Hung over by half time.
We have all been there.

manys a day I was dying in Thurles by half time. And so were our hurlers.

3 Likes